Marietta, GA
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
I was just getting my pool ready for opening and wanted to put some shock in it. I bought a box of 6 packets of the HTH brand. I chose one of the bags and it said to put it in the skimmer and then brown particles came out of the jets and the pool turned completely brown. That's when I saw the bag said flocculent. So I tried vacuuming to waste and after I got 2-3 passes the water was just about below the skimmer line so I stopped. This happened while I even had my hose putting water in the pool. How can I vacuum to waste without draining so much water? I couldn't even see what I was vacuuming up !!! How low can you let the water drop before ruining your filter?

Step 1 - turn off the filter/pump until tomorrow - u don’t want floc in your filter.
This will also allow it to “drop” hopefully - this can take 24 hrs.
Step 2- tomorrow vac to waste slowly as best u can before going back to filter.
Prepare to change your sand - you may get by with a deep clean of it depending on how long it ran through the filter.

Reactions: Newdude
Also- nothing ever should get added to the skimmer. What do the bags say? Do u have a picture of what u added.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.