Accidentally drained 3" while aerating

S1ngram

Jun 7, 2014
St. Bernise, Indiana
:grrrr: While attempting to aerate my pool, I ended up draining 3 inches from my pool. What a pain. I have been using a long handled garden wand attached to a sump pump to spray water into the pool. Until the wand broke last night during a wind storm. I went outside around midnight to see if I was going to have to catch my solar cover again and was greeted by the sound of heavy rain...except it wasn't raining. The wand was missing and the the sump pump was shooting water up and over the side of the pool. I still think this method works pretty well for me and I'm going to figure out a way to make this work. I like the looks of the PVC aerators I've seen that some people have made. It looks like I'll be making a trip to the hardware store.

Has anyone made a PVC aerators that connects to a sump pump? I can redirect my return flow, but don't want to connect PVC to it.

Don't feel bad, I have on multiple occasions started to pump the level down after heavy rain and forgot the pump was running. Thankfully I don't have a bottom drain so it stopped when the water reached the bottom of the skimmers, then the pump tripped due to overheating.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.