Accidentally drained 27’ round agp too far

Jun 3, 2007
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Good morning. I have a question about draining agp. I accidentally drained my agp to 15.5” below the skimmer. I just forgot about it. I measured the remaining water and there is 28” left.

A have a question, is the level too low that it will damage liner (drying out liner)?

My other question, does a half filled pool provide enough support to maintain the structural integrity of the above ground pool?

Thank you.

I think the 1st issue that comes to mind is that the cover might get pulled in by rain or snow because the water is so low which would then put undue pressure on the walls. Not sure where u are in the world as your signature doesn’t list but if u are able I would probably add enough to get to 6 or so inches below the skimmer & add enough liquid chlorine to make up for the dilution. You can just brush it around. Your siggy lists an inground- is this pool buried? If so you want the water level to be at least to the ground level. Also set a timer when filling as to not forget & have the opposite problem 😁

I need to apology about signature. I went in and hopefully changed it to the correct information. I do not cover my pool, so I do not have to worry about weight pulling in the pool walls via pool on top of a pool. Since it is warm enough now, I will add some water since it is suppose to be dry with low humidity. Thank you for the timer idea. Take care and be safe.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.