Scampe78

Sep 18, 2021
Daytona Beach, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have an above ground pool w a power ionizer. If anyone is a pro please let me know any critical info. I put stabilizer in it and the online manual said don't add stabilizer. I'm assuming over time I'll need to up the number on the display. Any words of advice would be appreciated. It was installed w the pool and all they told us was leave it at 3 and change the chamber yearly. TIA

Welcome to TFP.

Best thing you can do is unplug the ionozer and begin following TFPC methods. The ionizer is worthless.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Welcome to TFP!

That ionizer is nothing but a cash cow for the pool store. That yearly chamber replacement is very lucrative for them while pumping your pool full of metals that do nothing to sanitize the water and will cause tons of problems down the road (which the pool store will happily sell you stuff to fix the problem they are charging you to have, it's a great racket). The sooner you get rid of it the sooner it stops polluting your pool with metals.

Ditch the ionizer- follow the FC/CYA Levels

Welcome to TFP.

Best thing you can do is unplug the ionozer and begin following TFPC methods. The ionizer is worthless.

We just bought the pool that was sold to us as a "chemical free pool" which we accept the fact we got ripped off. But it was installed w ionizer. And they are sending us a second chamber when it comes time to change. So im thinking of using it until we have to buy the chambers.

We just bought the pool that was sold to us as a "chemical free pool" which we accept the fact we got ripped off. But it was installed w ionizer. And they are sending us a second chamber when it comes time to change. So im thinking of using it until we have to buy the chambers

If ther "chamber" is adding minerals to your pool then the accumulation of the minerals can lead to staining in your pool.

Like I said, the sooner you get rid of the ionizer the better. Doesn't matter whether it's free or not, it's still polluting your water with copper. It's not helping sanitize your water, it's not helping keep the water balanced, but it is putting a metal in your water that doesn't belong there.

Your worries about chlorine (and "chemicals" in general) are based on sales pitches and bad experiences by people who failed to manage their pool well. I can say from over 10 years of experience that a TFPC pool is considerably better in clarity, smell, feel, and ease of management than my old Frog system (another metal introduction sales tool) ever got it. The myth of the "less chlorine is better" is exactly why algae filled smelly pools are so prevalent. Proper balancing the water is the real key, which is why it's what TFP teaches.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.