Above ground backfill question

Ok to backfill around an above ground with #57 limestone? Have a big pile of it here. Deepest part would be 18” and taper down to 3”. Plan on coating with rust preventative.

Hi! We just finished putting up our Doughboy pool this weekend. We called The Pool Store to ask about backfilling (up to maybe 12 inches at the deepest on one side only) and they said don't do it. It would void the warranty, cause possible corrosion and when the ground freezes/thaws could damage the pool. We live in MN. ?

I think I’m going to go ahead and backfill with the #57 limestone. Should drain well and be loose enough to move with the freezing and thawing. I’ll coat the sides with tar to help delay/prevent corrosion. Bought this pool from a buddy new in box for $500 so no warranty for me (he moved next door to the public pool). Planning on getting a bigger pool in a few years when the kids get older anyways.

Reactions: NCTIFFY
We ended up putting retaining wall blocks around the pool, 3 high, and backfilling up to the bricks on the outer side, then we are going to put some sort of gravel between the pool and the retaining wall blocks. But in your case, if you got the pool for only $500 and no warranty, then Id probably just backfill or do whatever is easiest too!

Reactions: tbig
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.