Winnie/Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
I have been on this forum for a few years now and I have had alot of great recommendations from alot of people. They have been great. But no matter what I try and who recommendations I follow I can't keep this pool clear for nothing. I fight it every day and it is not enjoyable at all. I have read the ABC's twice, all the other subjects, and everything in-between. I hear all this people talk about they check it once a week and never have algae. I can leave it for two days and I'm screwed. For the 4000 time I am coming out of a SLAM. A two week SLAM. I let it coast down to 9.5FC. Went out this evening there is a layer all the way across the bottom of the pool turning green. Checked my FC its at a 9. I dont understand.
PH- 7.8
ALK- 80
FC- 9
CYA- 40
WHY?? Does it keep turning on me with a CYA of 40 and the FC no lower than a 9? Yes I'm using a Taylor TF100, liquid bleach only.

Any chance the green you are seeing is related to the iron from your well? It's definitely algae you are seeing? The elevated FC level and pH at 7.8 can certainly do that.
Umm how would I figure that out? When I Slam it goes crystal clear. Then when I drop the FC to the levels they should be according to the FC/CYA chart it starts to form a layer across the entire pool bottom and stairs.

Have you done a deep cleaning of the sand filter? How long are your running your pump? Have you checked light niche and stairs for hidden algae?
I have not done a deep clean on the sand filter. My pump runs practically 24/7 due to the fact I'm constantly in a SLAM. My light is built in the return. It's not very big. I even pulled my stairs out of the pool and scrubbed them with bleach water. Now I haven't removed the stairs everytime because I am by myself most of the time and it's difficult to get them out of the pool.

Did u pass the oclt or just stop because it was clear? You must pass all 3 end of slam criteria before stopping to ensure you’ve eradicated the algae.
Also the ladder - does it have sand or anything in it to weigh it down? Maybe a pic of the ladder would help us find a solution for u as they are generally algae traps without modifications.
I agreed with the others - a deep clean of the sand filter is a good idea.
Here’s the how to👇

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.