About to start soon

Bunch of goodies laying around my yard. Deep end corner stairs look great. We decided on mosaic dark gray without a border for the liner so they will look nice with the gray stairs. Not sure if we decided to do liner over the Roman end stairs or just to leave them gray. That’s a couple weeks off so I think we still have time to change. All Hayward equipment.

F6066A96-6FBB-46DF-AA24-DF19A5183AB8.jpegB3E39657-E636-438A-9839-BAD4C984485A.jpeg74A14B11-B583-4668-BE78-49E653142314.jpeg63160B8B-C56C-4364-B46C-C0CA2E8DD00C.jpegDDB309BA-D6D9-457D-BFE0-95F640AE5C30.jpeg

Another nice day, and no work getting done. Pool guy started out great, but this is starting to get annoying.

Well, we're going on 2 months just to get a liner change (plus a few repairs) completed. They ripped out old one end of April. Granted the weather here in Ottawa has been terrible compared to usual (very few nice days and I only a couple hot days so far). But, even so, there have been several non-rainy days where no work has been done. The thing I hate most is it is always me calling or texting them. They never let me know if they aren't coming, etc. I spoke to the owner last week and he was supposed to be there to work I n a few things last Wednesday and finish up Thursday. Didn't happen and no calls. They are here now, but I hope it doesn't follow the usual pattern (someone comes for a little while, then nothing more gets done. Sigh. Normally we would have already been swimming for a month at this point.

ETA: They actually came today and installed our liner. The second water truck has just arrived. Things are looking up. I hope you get your work done soon too!

ETA

Last edited:
Another nice day, and no work getting done. Pool guy started out great, but this is starting to get annoying.

I agree it is annoying. Other projects are being prioritized. I know in my case, I feel that is the case because I've been nice/understanding due to lousy year and other people are being BUTTS - but nice is getting harder and harder. People shouldn't be dropped down the list because they aren't "scary". Anyways, rant over for now lol.

Reactions: Cephrael
I agree it is annoying. Other projects are being prioritized. I know in my case, I feel that is the case because I've been nice/understanding due to lousy year and other people are being BUTTS - but nice is getting harder and harder. People shouldn't be dropped down the list because they aren't "scary". Anyways, rant over for now lol.
Yeah, I’m the kind of person that never gets overly upset, but my wife said that the last text I sent sounded angry. It worked though, they showed up at noon and finished straightening the walls and dropped in the floor drains. If today stays nice, they said the cement trucks would start coming to set the walls, and then the floor on Wednesday. I really hope so. We are a month behind our initial schedule. ?I really would like to be swimming at some point this summer.

Reactions: Chickinvic

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yeah, I’m the kind of person that never gets overly upset, but my wife said that the last text I sent sounded angry. It worked though, they showed up at noon and finished straightening the walls and dropped in the floor drains. If today stays nice, they said the cement trucks would start coming to set the walls, and then the floor on Wednesday. I really hope so. We are a month behind our initial schedule. ?I really would like to be swimming at some point this summer.

Glad it worked, but I think it is terrible that you have to get mad before they treat you right. You should have been their priority without having to do that.

Little bit of cement yesterday, getting the rest of the floor done today, hopefully. Rest of week is looking very iffy for wet weather.

More pics up in Dropbox album. Stairs are getting there, started on the plumbing, equipment placement determined, trench dug for electric.

Kinda regretting the size of the shallow end after I hopped in there today. It’s not as big as when it was painted out, too late now though.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.