Massachusetts
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
So we’ve decided on a local company and the design. Still need to pick a liner color, and finish the pool house design. Going with a brushed concrete deck around. Still working on that design. The wall blocks we are using. going to do limestone, with a midnight charcoal stripe. Similar to the picture on the link. The granite dive rock is similar to what’s pictured.

Can’t wait to get started and I will share pictures as it comes along.

Attachments

• 06B43267-5828-43BC-A6D4-0BA72E8675C9.jpeg
    06B43267-5828-43BC-A6D4-0BA72E8675C9.jpeg
    282.2 KB · Views: 325
  • D9D71A16-6D5C-4756-864F-830C6CAFC63F.jpeg
    D9D71A16-6D5C-4756-864F-830C6CAFC63F.jpeg
    368.1 KB · Views: 349
  • 8678B077-4497-4B99-8F24-1C098399408C.jpeg
    8678B077-4497-4B99-8F24-1C098399408C.jpeg
    76.2 KB · Views: 312
Backyard marked with snow stakes

This is just a rough measure by me. But you can kinda see. It’s going in the back corner with a small pool house towards driveway side.

That pool placement will leave a lot of yard for play time with/for the kids! I want to play on the swing!!! Just make sure it is not close enough to the pool for the kids to even think about jumping from it into the pool!! We both KNOW they will try it :roll: LOL

Now lets talk about those trees. You can going to want a good cover for the pool to keep the leaves out of the pool. I would make sure to get TWO skimmers and a main drain in the bottom of the pool. That way if/when the skimmers get filled up the main drain can still pull water to the filter.

When do they think they will start work?

Kim:kim:

Trees are going to let more sun hit the pool.

Swing has already been moved to other side of yard. Ninja course and zip line are getting moved as well. That was step one. I’m still a big kid and already thought about running the ninja and zip line over the pool, but my wife vetoed that idea.

Two drains in deep end and skimmer in deep end and shallow diagonal from each other.

Meeting on Monday to discuss the schedule. So hopefully soon. We were scheduled to start second week of May, but the pool guy’s schedule got messed up due to a permitting delay on another pool.

We are very excited to watch this whole process.

Backyard marked with snow stakes

This is just a rough measure by me. But you can kinda see. It’s going in the back corner with a small pool house towards driveway side.

It is difficult to see how far off the house the pool will be, but it sounds like it will be a little ways away. Have you considered having it much closer to the house? We had the room to put it away from the house but listened to a few friends that had done that and regretted doing so, now I can not imagine it being far away. There are many advantages to having close. You can incorporate the pool patio into a patio off the back door. Easier to keep a eye on the young (and especially the older) children in the pool without having to dedicate being so far from the house. No need to go through the grass to get to pool so pool stays cleaner. Easier to maintain pool. Able to grill steaks "And" take some quick dips. With the waterfall feature you will be able to enjoy the view from your house of your substantial investment. Here is our view from the house we get to enjoy seeing every day..

Just something to consider....

IMG_20190420_195724.jpg

Reactions: Cwingert

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Forgot 2 more.. Less trees to take down and there always seems to be less bugs up closer to house..
I wish we could move it closer but it has to be 10 feet from a structure and a minimum of 20 ft from the septic. This was the best location. It’s about 40 feet from the deck. We also were planning a detached garage/pool house but those plans will have to wait a bit for our money tree to grow some more leaves.

• Haha
Reactions: caligrl2
The pics were a bit deceiving, 40' is not bad.. Did they give you any pics of what the waterfall and dive rock might look like?
No, just what’s in our heads. But if you click on the link of the wall blocks the first picture that pops up is kinda what the wall will look like 12’ x 30” high and then a base for the granite dive platform made to match.

Make sure to print your "want it to look like" pic out big to show everyone working on it. This IS a case of a picture being worth 1000 words!

Kim:kim:

Absolutely agree.. It is the only way you will get what you see in your mind.. From the print I do not see how the dive rock is incorporated to the falls. How deep is the pool at the dive point? Will this be angled so you have a good view of the falls from inside the house?

It’s going to be squared up with the house, but the feature wall will be visible. The dive rock will be on the deep end and the wall will run centered on the far wall. Deep end is 8’.

You will grow to love your destination pool, regardless of if it was by choice or not. You'll be harder to reach by other members of your household when you are there. You can act like you can't hear them. Tell them the pump is too loud or something. Our water is about 80' from the closest door.

I also really enjoy being able to have the closed pool out of the way during the 6 months it's closed.

I really like your dive rock granite! Having your pool away from the house does present that pool house opportunity you are planning. Be sure to consider how you can get shade by/from the pool house without shading the water surface. In MA, you will want full sun on the water to the extent possible. Our pavilion slightly shades the shallow end by August, but I'm glad it doesn't shade it anymore than it does.

Reactions: Cephrael

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.