Abandoned Pool Build, Trying to finish

Here is a single quick pic. I need to shrink the other so I can upload them. I'll also respond later to address the multitude of questions around lawsuits and building in Texas. I agree with the above posts regarding The lack of a requirement for pool contractors to be licensed.

As someone else mentioned Texas has a law called Deceptive Trade Practices act which in theory protects consumers such as myself from misdeeds from a builder like this. After all, who would want to be subject to a liability lawsuit of two to three times the value of a project?

The answer is people like my pool builder who have nothing to lose and everything to gain. The legal advice I have been given so far is that if I should proceed down deceptive trade I am likely to win a verdict and unlikely to collect on any damages.... I need to start a GoFundMe to put these guys out of business on a shared dime other than just my own :)

I'm $9k into attorney fees and most people would give up by now. I suspect my wife wishes I would too. However since starting this project we have met nine other people within a 10 mile radius who are in a similar situation with this builder. The builder is clearly banking on people giving up before her pursuing the significant cost of a lawsuit. Unfortunately he met me and I'm ******.

Attachments

• PXL_20210914_185406879.jpg
    PXL_20210914_185406879.jpg
    726.2 KB · Views: 151
Here is a single quick pic. I need to shrink the other so I can upload them. I'll also respond later to address the multitude of questions around lawsuits and building in Texas. I agree with the above posts regarding The lack of a requirement for pool contractors to be licensed.

As someone else mentioned Texas has a law called Deceptive Trade Practices act which in theory protects consumers such as myself from misdeeds from a builder like this. After all, who would want to be subject to a liability lawsuit of two to three times the value of a project?

The answer is people like my pool builder who have nothing to lose and everything to gain. The legal advice I have been given so far is that if I should proceed down deceptive trade I am likely to win a verdict and unlikely to collect on any damages.... I need to start a GoFundMe to put these guys out of business on a shared dime other than just my own :)

I'm $9k into attorney fees and most people would give up by now. I suspect my wife wishes I would too. However since starting this project we have met nine other people within a 10 mile radius who are in a similar situation with this builder. The builder is clearly banking on people giving up before her pursuing the significant cost of a lawsuit. Unfortunately he met me and I'm ******.
I am with you cause I'm **** too. My builder has a vacation home, so 2 houses, and several trucks. My attorney is suing not only the builder name but also in the business name. If he doesn't pay I taking it down to his guitars. If he doesn't settle, this is the second round as he paid the first, and loses he cannot open a new business in a different name and we are asking for double or triple damages. On top of everything he was a misogynistic jerk. The build process was a nightmare but I am going to enjoy this.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.