AARGH. Total blowout.

Pflugerpool

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 25, 2014
Pflugerville, TX
I just had to rant. After a prolonged SLAM and getting everything finally back where it should be, my water was finally crystal clear, my SWCG was cruising along, and summer was officially underway. Until tonight...

I went out to move some pool chairs because we have a thunderstorm moving in, and I didn't want to have to fish them out of the water in the morning. And something didn't look quite right. Even in the dark I could tell something was REALLY WRONG. My 2" PVC line between my pump and the cartridge filter has a union in it so that the pump can be serviced, and I guess the PVC union became fatigued and the threaded ring on it blew apart while I was gone this afternoon. It looks like the pump managed to empty about 6000 gallons out of the pool before the timer eventually shut it off.

My pool is half empty now. Along with my salt, and my CYA, and everything else that's going to have to be put back. While we were swimming this morning I made the comment that the pool had started to become more work and less fun over the years. Yikes, I guess karma got a good bite out of me for that one! Anyway, I guess I'll do some triage in the morning and do the plumbing repair. I just had to vent.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.