A year later and pool is cloudy

Ok here are some #s before i do the DE thing
FC=3
CC=0
PH=7.8
TA=140
CH=350
i added calcium Chloride to bring up the CH from 50
i let the FC drop to 3 i have been brushing the pool and tommorow i want to add DE to sand filter please let me give some advice on this subject , i read the section on this in pool school i will read it again a few times before i do it any suggestion is appriciated. Thanx thwe guy with milky water , where are you frusteratedmom?? :hammer:

I'm here!!! :wave: lol HI Reza...

I started my own pool service business and it keeps me away from the forum more than I would like :whip:

When did you add the calcium chloride?

The DE addition is easy. Do you have some on hand already? Take a plastic measure and fill it about a 1/2 cups worth of the DE powder. Add water to the powder in the cup and make a "liquid slurry" - the consistency of cream. Pour it into the skimmer. If your filter pressure goes up with in 5 minutes about 1 lb of pressure, stop adding DE. If the pressure doesn't go up, try another half-cup of DE.

I should be around tomorrow morning, post back on the timing of your calcium addition...

Hi thanx for reply ,good luck in your pool Buisness to you answer calls to come to NJ lol :lol: we have pools here too . I added the Calcium Sat. around noon time, 50 LBS bag from Home Depot for $18 the guy in home depot kept asking me what do i want it for since they only sell it in winter and he had to get the forklift to bring down a pallet just to give me one bag so i told him its for my pool he was dumbfounded. i checked the Calcium level at 5:00 pm Sat. and it had gone up to 350 from 50 range i added around 35 LBS all the other # i put up in the last posting was obtained at 5 pm Sat afternoon. as you read the water is very milky as soon as i opend the pool last Sat. and put the Aquabot in there the water turned white as Milk. i have been tempted to use the Blue Clarifier from Lesli`s but didnt want to get the Stains back in the fiberglass again. after i put the DE do i back wash the filter???

The DE will help the filter to filter out the smaller particles the sand cant catch. Only backwash after the pressure rises 6-8 psi. then you repeat the DE addition. It may take several times repeating this process before you notice improvement.

I suspect adding all that calcium while still trying to clear the water from the opening compounded the cloudiness issue.

Give the DE a try and let us know how things go.

Please explain what happened here!!! :party: I came home and wolla the pool water is clear !!!!! i was ready to add the DE to my sand filter this morning. No Need to do that now . can anyone explain how the milky color water turned clear overnight?? Frustratedmom, it must be your presence causing the water to react CLEARLY LOL

FPM does have a way of projecting here aura over long distances. I sent her a tin foil hat from my collection and she obviously has put it to good use. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Seriously, pools will do just that. Once you get everything in the right place and have been filtering, killing algae, and brushing and doing all the things you are supposed to do, it is not uncommon for them to turn sparkly clear very quickly.....usually just AFTER your frustration level reached it's peak!!

Hi I need help, my water is clear now , but Iam using alot of Chlorine FC = 2 added a bottle of bleach to bring it up also The PH keeps droping to 6.8 range i added some 4 LBS borax to bring up the PH to 7.6 range . why is the so much fluctuation in a day or two?? also how can i control it ? Thanx

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi The #s are good and the pool has been clear
FC=6
CC=0
TC=6
PH=6.8 to 7.2 range
TA= 90
CH = 300
CYA = 40
The PH drops due to my use of ChlorinTablets which have Clarifier in it there is a Bit of staining (ring ) around the pool but it is not that bad i know that is due to the Clarifier in the Chlorin. so once every couple of weeks i add soda wash and or baking soda to adjust the levels.

Your numbers look pretty decent and it's good that your pool water is clear.

However, there is an error in your thinking. Tri-chlor pucks (tabs) that I think you are using have no clarifier in them.

If you would stop using the pucks and switched to Clorox, you would not have to adjust the TA and pH.

However, if you can live with the "ring", adjusting your pH, and your water is clear, your test results indicate a pretty happy pool

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.