Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
Hello all
This past Wednesday my numbers looked like this: ph 8.0, FC 6, CH 225, TA 70, and CYA 50.
I ran errands this morning and stopped by Leslie's to corroborate my numbers simply because I wanted to. I've gone in the past, and their numbers have matched my test results.
I was told that my cya is at 0. Yup. I questioned it and he explained that his graduated cylinder only goes to 30, and he can still see the dot. So I backed off, got chlorine and left. Back at home, I saw that I had stabilizer, and I poured it into a bucket to dissolve. Remembering the mantra of TFP and trusting my TFP gut, I tested the water for cya, and it was near 90. Obviously my result was as wrong as the store's, so I retested and got near 80. At that point I remembered that you can't take cya out without draining the pool, so I did not add the conditioner to the pool.
Between Wednesday and today I did not add anything other than 2 pucks to the in line chlorinator.
1. Is it truly possible to go from Wednesday's 50 to either zero or 90 today? From only 3 pucks?

2. To not waste the stabilizer that I poured into the bucket of water, I drained the water as best as possible and put the slushy mix in a container. Will that harden to become unusable? Or will I be able to use it in the future? It sat in the bucket of water 5 minutes or so.

Thank you

You confirmed why we tell folks to stay out of Leslies.

3 pucks would have raised your CYA less than 6 which is less than your testing error.

Let us know how your CYA storage experiment goes.

You confirmed why we tell folks to stay out of Leslies. 3 pucks would have raised your CYA less than 6 which is less than your testing error. Let us know how your CYA storage experiment goes.

I know, I know. In the past 3 visits that I went to get chlorine, I let them test the water to compare to mine, and they were right on. So, I got a bit of confidence in their testing. However, after last night's "you have zero CYA", I've lost all confidence.

This morning, my CYA level is between 40 and 50, so I'm really glad that I didn't dump that bucket full of conditioner into the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.