A step instead of a ladder?

obxWaMi

Jun 4, 2020
Outer Banks, NC
Our pool is only an inch or two too tall for most of us to just step over the side(short people problem). We don’t want a ladder because, honestly, we are not narrow or lightweight (fat people problem). We are using a “hop up” knee-high step ladder, but we still have to put our hands and weight on the sides of the pool for balance. Also, there isn’t anything inside the pool to use to step on to get out. Does anyone have any ideas? My idea of a cinderblock inside the pool was shot down.

Maybe a heavy duty plastic step stool with a weight attached? Attach some xtra padding to the legs ? I used to use a couple of stacked pavers on the outside with nothing on the inside but I think my pool may have been shorter than yours.

Reactions: Richard320
My thoughts, too! A plastic stool with some bleach jugs for weight. Fill them with wet sand and cable-tie them inside through some holes drilled through the side walls and the jug handles. Cushion the bottom edges with a slit pool noodle. With the water buoyancy, the step stool doesn't have to be massive to take a lot of weight.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.