A question regarding circupool sj-55 and rj-60. Mounting upside down?

Oct 14, 2015
Dallas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
I am about to pull the trigger on the SJ-55 (mostly because its 600 dollars less than the RJ), but doing some research on them I've run into a question regarding flow.

1) I have a variable speed pump, can the SJ-55 be mounted upside down? I am referencing this thread Chlorinator and VS Pump and reviewing the manual of the Rj-60, it can be (avoids the chlorine bubble), but I cannot find any note on the SJ-55.

edit: emailed circupool to find out.

They recommended the rj45 because the SJ55 doesn't have a flow sensor (It would be running 24/7 unless you hook it to a timer).

Also the chlorine production is insignificant between the two 2 lbs vs 2.3. Just means I’d run the sj an hour less..

The SJ does not have a flow sensor, I have mine connected to a timer and would recommend you use one also.. do not rely on the RJ45 flow sensor to shut off the cell, it could take too much time before it shuts off and bad things could happen.....

As for you original question, I have never seen one installed upside down but when it comes down to it I do not see a problem but please follow the company instructions :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.