A question no one can seem to answer for me...

maybegettingapool?

May 21, 2020
VA
Hey guys. Looking to get set up with a pool contractor and have run into what might be a bit of a snag...

My well is located 37 feet from the back wall of my house. There is more than enough room for us to put a pool in here and have it extend parallel to my house and not cause any issues (other than having to move the water line-no sweat). However, I have searched and searched to find the setback requirements from a well to a pool, and for my county (Roanoke County, VA), I cannot find them! It has actually been fairly difficult to find any information on setbacks to wells for almost any jurisdiction. Would someone be able to send me a link if they find the info or point me in the right direction. This could be a dealbreaker for us....

Thanks!

I've seen setbacks for wells from property lines and I've seen setbacks for wells from septic systems. I've never seen a setback from a swimming pool.

If the AHJ who will issue the permit can not find a setback, maybe there is none?

^^^^^ What JamesW said!

Or call them, or go to the county office and talk with them.

Most of the time when I have had to talk with an inspector or plans reviewer BEFORE an issue came up, they have been very helpful.

Reactions: tim5055

Email them. It's their job to be able to answer your questions.
Thanks! I have looked here and called the number for the health department and left a message. We will see if they call me back. Most pool contractors have said that most of the time the wells are in the front yard so there's never an issue. We will see.

I did not want accent tile. My builder said it was required, so we did accent tile. I am so glad we have them. I wish we had more on the bottom 2 steps. I have miss-stepped going up the stairs a couple times! :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    670.7 KB · Views: 8
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.