A lot of bubbles coming out of the pop ups and returns

That is the pump basket. A leaf canister is typically a different device.

The mating surfaces and oring should be cleaned and lubricated using Pool Lube each time the pump basket is serviced.

Cannot really see anything on the leaf canister.

The pump orings you check with the pump OFF. They will drain water. I would not do that unless you are able to go get new ones if those are compromised. I doubt the amount of air you are speaking of would come from them.

I was a bit worried about them breaking off. what us the next thing? I wouldn't know what to do with valves. take each 1 off with all the screws...? I think pb was thinking of taking off pop ups but pool was just acid washed a few mths ago due to a warranty issue. he said all pop ups looked good. anything easy and quick we can check otherwise is maybe it's worth it to hire them to watch what they do to fix? I saw another post that said could be coming from swg. husband said he does lube swg cell each x. swg is having probs but doesn't make sense that the panel would cause this prob tho.

Attachments

• 16302828146587939733788893093166.jpg
    16302828146587939733788893093166.jpg
    660 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20210829-165427_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210829-165427_Samsung Internet.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 3

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I mentioned the SWCG above. Those are small, champagne size bubbles. Maybe a picture of what you are seeing may help.

Air can only get in the system with the pump running on the suction side. If the air is only when the pump starts, that can be from a leak, typically in your filter system (oring, air release, etc) that lets air in when the pump is off, but does not let water out when the pump is on.

they look so much more ikea champagne bubbles in oic but r so massively loud and I think bigger than seen in pic. I've had small amounts of champagne bubbles before. since it started once when we were overdue in cleaning pool and dirt was on bottom I felt a stone must've gotten pushed into plumbing or something.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210829-174414_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210829-174414_Gallery.jpg
    327.1 KB · Views: 5
I shut pump off for a few min and they came out like champagne but I think this is just cuz pool only off 2 or 3 min. first thing I noticed this x was about 1 or 2 extra pop ups were up at same x then went back down. that makes me wonder if there is a pebble somewhere but they went down less than a min. the bubble only last prob 30 seconds. I see a leaf on bottom blowing from pop up like it should. while I write it's now running good while on for a few min

Attachments

• 20210829_174657.jpg
    20210829_174657.jpg
    737.6 KB · Views: 2
If the bubbles are only when you start the pump, look at the filter air release. When the pump turns off, do you hear air or gurgling in that area.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.