A-Frame Ladder for Recessed AGP

MikeSaw75

May 28, 2020
Illinois
So I have a 21' AGP but it is recessed into the ground about 2 feet on one side. The side it is recessed I would like to put my A-frame ladder (Vinyl Works) but can only adjust to 48 inches. Have any of you modified the ladder to make it shorter?

I plan on extending my deck to the pool this year so this will be a temporary fix until I do this.

Is it the Slide Lock Vinyl Works ladder?

If so I don’t see why you couldn’t use a miter saw to shorten the legs outside the pool. It’s pretty hard plastic and uniform throughout.

When you finish your deck, they also make a conversion kit for that ladder, which I just used so I could use my ladder with my new deck. The part inside the pool is the same, you’d just be removing / discarding the part outside the pool that you’d be shortening.

This is that kit-

(If you have a different Vinyl Works ladder let us know which one and I’m sure we can come up with something. :))

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.