A few questions about converting

I don’t know how people deal with it. I go to customers homes and I can tell from the driveway that the neighbors pump is running a whole yard away. I can only imagine hearing it from their own backyard every day. Mine is 15 ft from the hangout area and nobody has ever heard it.

Mine has never been all that noisy really. Guess I'm just used to it - runs fairly quiet.

Just tying to cheer you up I swear. Or does laughing hurt the back ? Then I’m sorry if so.

things HAVE to begin to go your way.

Didn't even mention that earlier this summer some guy ran into my car while it was parked in a doctor's office lot...with me in the car (waiting for my wife who had an appt. I wasn't allowed in the building). Couldn't believe it. I was parked next to a space that was directly next to a concrete barrier - so fairly narrow - I saw him in the side view mirror and had a sneaking suspicion that he didn't have enough clearance......I was right. Car had never been in an accident before - have it new since '95. Actually, it was a mixed blessing. The shop who did the repairs suggested restoring the original pin striping - the guy they have that does that work is pretty amazing. Mixes all his own colors and applies the stripes by hand (painted). He even looked it all up so that color and exact application would be era specific to the model, etc. One of the best parts of the summer (although one of the worst at the time - felt this sickening crunch as he slid along my side part way).

I feel your pain... sometimes home improvement is a constant battle that shows little improvement at all. I've done the math for myself... replacing my pump with a VSP is going to take 4 or 5 years or something like that to break even.. but if the pump needs to replaced anyway then that's $300 or whatever I could put toward newer tech. And these days you may be able to find a rebate from your local utility. .. just sayin'

Watching someone scrape against your car while you are IN IT.. ugh what torture.

*cough* Chlorine *cough*. :poke:
(sorrrrrry I couldn’t resist)
So.. if you put in a *cough* SWG *cough*, you wouldn't have to haul chlorine, and think of how easy that would be on your back...
I couldn't resist either. ;)

Watching someone scrape against your car while you are IN IT.. ugh what torture.
It was a bummer, man. The guy behind him - who was already parked - told me shortly afterwards that he debated on blowing the horn. I wish he would've, as well as shouted. (Then again, it might have startled the guy to the extent that he might have slammed on the accelerator and did a few thousand more in damage). This guy who was already parked saw the whole thing and figured it was going to happen. Crazy...collision at under 5 mph. Best part is - he (the witness) told me that the guy who hit me took like 4 times to back into a different space. Sheesh. Time to hang up the license. After he ran into me, he said 'I thought I had enough clearance'. I told him - "I knew you didn't". Nice enough guy and luckily we both have the same insurance company so it made handling the repair appraisal a snap. Oh well, like I said - a mixed bag - had it not been for that, I wouldn't have the nice new pin stripes AND also had the shop repair some stuff (on my dime) that was not part of the damage claim. There were many small dents in the left door that bothered me every time I looked at them - were there for probably the last 15 years or so. Sort of wished in a way that I'd told them to repaint the entire car.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.