a baquacil pool

Thanks. Fingers crossed. I'm not out of the woods yet. I put in clean grids a few days and the start-up pressure was around 15- now hovering between 19-17, bouncing back and forth - that's typically a sign that I'm in for a fairly short cycle. Last one was 18 days...that's ok...but was hoping for a full 3 weeks. I won't be able to make a final determination on a conversion next year until end of season. I'm extremely happy with the water clarity - can't recall a season with baqua that has resulted in such consistently clear water so I think the 1/2 lb. of Line Clean, follwed 3 days later by 1/2 gallon Oxidizer, then the Line Clean again 4 days later, etc. seems like it just might be a solution to the white water mold / slime issues (being that I've barely seen any since opening - big difference in how the bottom and sides feel). Remaining issue is the filter cycles. I clean out the skimmer sock frequently, so hopefully that's helping.

Thanks. Fingers crossed. I'm not out of the woods yet. I put in clean grids a few days and the start-up pressure was around 15- now hovering between 19-17, bouncing back and forth - that's typically a sign that I'm in for a fairly short cycle. Last one was 18 days...that's ok...but was hoping for a full 3 weeks. I won't be able to make a final determination on a conversion next year until end of season. I'm extremely happy with the water clarity - can't recall a season with baqua that has resulted in such consistently clear water so I think the 1/2 lb. of Line Clean, follwed 3 days later by 1/2 gallon Oxidizer, then the Line Clean again 4 days later, etc. seems like it just might be a solution to the white water mold / slime issues (being that I've barely seen any since opening - big difference in how the bottom and sides feel). Remaining issue is the filter cycles. I clean out the skimmer sock frequently, so hopefully that's helping.
Nothing about how you describe your pool sounds trouble free. But I can appreciate that you're committed to it! ;)

Nothing about how you describe your pool sounds trouble free.
I must agree with you 100%. For one thing, instead of just using chlorine (and maybe algicide at times?) I'm working with 5 different products, all of which I keep detailed notes on (on two different spreadsheets) as to when each is added: Algaecide, Sanitizer/algaecide, Oxidizer, Line Clean, and Ahhsome. Is there really any pool out there that is truly trouble free though? If there were, it would seem there wouldn't be a need for this site. Not a criticism, but surely there is work with every pool. I just have more than most here I imagine. As I said, I can't make a final determination till the season is over. All things being equal, it might be worth at least trying a season with chlorine to see what difference there would be with the number of DE changes. I'd be interested to try a conversion if for no other reason than that. I will say this - when I first started (with chlorine) I virtually paid no attention to the filter pressure - it generally started around 8 (that was before we added a heater - which increased the starting pressure by at least 3 psi) and just went on and on - for most of the season as I recall. I hardly remember ever seeing much pressure increase - which is what most here report.

Reactions: PoolTime2022
I'll say I haven't had to add anything to my pool in a week. And the addition of acid last week was only cause I felt like I should be working harder on it and it was a few days away from needing it anyway. I do clean the skimmers every few days but that's about it. Sand Filter pressure stays at 9psi for months though I did backwash last month to drain a bit of excess rainwater. I do test the water every few days as well.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.