New 10ftx30in pop up pool help!

Hi everyone,

I just bought an intex 10ft x 30inch pop up pool to beat the 90+ degree heat. This is the first time I've had any kind of pool that holds more that 2 inches of water.

My question is, do I really need chlorine and a test kit?! It is such a small pool that it seems odd that I would need to regulate it so closely. I am the only one who uses the pool, and will have it for about two months. I run the filter everyday for a few hours.

Also, I've seen the suggestion to put 1/2 a cup of bleach in the pool instead of chlorine. Is this safe to do? And if so, how long should I wait until I get back in? And how often should that be done?

Thanks everyone! Hope you are staying cool this summer!

Bleach is chlorine....I am no expert but think you would have to do pretty much the same thing as a larger pool to keep it clean and safe . I am sure the experts can help you they are really great on this site it has helped me a lot..... good luck :D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.