Filter or pump

I have an 18' above ground pool with a hayward pump and cartridge filter. Last week I removed the pressure gauge and put a new one in. Just before I did that, the filter or pump started thumping and vibrating loudly. I had a lot of pressure and suction. When I held my hand over the return into the pool the noise stopped. I thought maybe it was the pressure gauge because it was bad, but it hadn't caused me any problems. I replaced the gauge but it's still doing it. It actually sounds like the filter is going to blow. It keeps getting louder. I've only had it 2 years. The cartridge has been cleaned and I cannot find any type of blockage. Water is getting dirty! help!!

I would turn it off and take everything as apart as I could get it. Something is way wrong and you need to find it before it really messes up.

I would see about taking the pump apart also to see if there is something causing the problem.

Scary stuff I bet!

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.