Walls out of round

Well guys, I am tempted to give up. I do understand this is something that should be done in a day, but I am on my own and it is not possible. The liner did not go in wed or Thursday due to me having to work. Last night a brief yet severe storm hit and our top clips which were used to stake the uprights did not hold. West end of the pool collapsed and came out of the tracks. In addition, water ran underneath the pool base.

Ugh, sorry to hear that. Is the pool OK? Mine had a minor collapse when I was putting the new liner in and now I have a crease in it.

It seems like I pain now, but it will be worth it when you are done. Sometimes weather does not cooperate with work schedules (O know that all too well)

-dave

Oh boy... So sorry to hear this. I don't even know where Quarryville is or I'd come over.

Aww. Thanks Kim. If I had the money, I'd fly ya up here! Lol. I just assessed. Not as bad as I originally thought. Yes, the walls will have to come down, at least half way, but the base doesn't seem too bad. I will not redo the whole thing. Can probably just touch up by pulling pack the pad. There is a about a 6ft section (across from the wall seam, of course) that is out of the track. I assume bc that is where there was a spot where track wasn't laying flat and 'nobody' filled from the outside. Part of me says take it all down so we can pound out anything that is bent/part of me says do it half way. Definitely unfortunate that the cove is taped to the wall pad. I think I'm going to use a blade and just cut above the tape and see how it works resetting the cove. No, I won't give up. Yesterday I didn't go near it. I stained the deck. I had do something that allowed me to see progress! Whatever day this week I touch the pool will be the day it also begins filling = )

D-day, seriously. Ran out of sunlight yesterday but liner is inside pool. Waiting for clouds/shower to pass and will begin liner! Casey, were you serious about the big patch in case liner tears at skimmer? Wondering if I should make sure I have one at hand. Lol....not that I am not confident.
"If it slides down or doesn't fit right there you can add a big patch n fix it."

OK. Hoping for a quick answer.

Liner clipped at prior position based on crease at top. Bottom seam lining up with top of cove - how much give/stretch should I expect?

Only a few more feet and hooking up hose!!!
Will check back before I start filling!

It will give quite a bit. How much??? I am not sure. How clipped is clipped? Will it slip down if needed?

I THINK you should.............look online at you tube to see what they say. I did not put mine up. Casey did hers and she did a write up. I will look and see if I can find it.

I am sorry. Maybe some one will jump in!

Kim

- - - Updated - - -

I found this. It looks like it should be sitting ON THE GROUND first with the "bead" where the wall and bottom meet at the middle of the cove.

How To Install Above Ground Pool Liners - INYOPools.com

Kim

- - - Updated - - -

Note they take about PUSHING the liner to smooth it out. NO pulling or tugging.

- - - Updated - - -

SO it should be easy to unclip at little at a time and let it slid down to touch the middle of the cove. GO slow!

Hose is in. I put the coping strips on as Casey did in her pics.This was in hopes that liner would follow old path and stretch to where it was. Hesitant bc I'm thinking it may not but I can still let down. Only have a couple inches to play with. It would be ideal if it stretched as is bc remember, my skimmer and return are already in place (that went well). I guess if I have to leave some out the best I can hope for is some wrinkles at those points. Right now my concern is how will I know if it is airtight btwn the liner and wall?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It was baking today. Stopped filling for the night bc in this situation, I do think we need the heat. I was going to fill from my laundry room with warm water...yeah, I was, but forgot we changed the stupid faucet! Went ahead and dropped the liner. Not as confident about this working as I was earlier :( The liner had been trimmed so not much overlap left. Can deal with the wrinkles above the skimmer and return if it works. I'll keep you posted! Thanks, Kim!
Ciao!

- - - Updated - - -

Dropping it those couple inches originaslly would have put the seam mid cove which is where it should of started, so who knows?! We shall see.

5bucks, I was serious when I said to patch the skimmer hole with a new piece of vinyl. I don't know how old that liner is that you're using and it may have lost all of it's elasticity. Please update us n let us know how the fill is going. I'd like to see how your pool looks. :cool:

Hi guys! I missed some of your messages, Casey. Thank you so much for following =)
The end is near. Gave up on the old liner. The previous installer had trimmed the edges, other wise I think we could have done it - with a patch at skimmer. We were down to an inch overlap and I just don't think it would have held up. Emptied the few inches =( and found a new one on Craigslist, believe it or not, so I didn't have to wait for delivery. The pool is filling and liner looking good! Of course our luck continued. Yesterday my daughter and I started installing -- kinda knew all was going too well. Had not been in the box (which I unsealed) very user friendly like but we centered perfectly using bottom seams and started hanging........get to the skimmer and, yep.wall seem right down the middle! How could I have done that? And what are the chances?! So we unhook, fold and spin. A big black cloud, literally, with my name on it, comes over and the wind starts blowing!!! AHHH! We stand our ground and start hanging again...and the sky opens up and dumps buckets of rain on us! Refreshing, yes, but have you ever tried to position a pool liner with water in it. An hour later I had officially removed more dang water from this pool than I had put in. As I type, there is just a couple of inches but hose is on again. Going to try to swing at least one load of water today and may be able to do another before the end of the week. My daughter has her 16th birthday party Saturday and I am very sad that this may not be ready. Once I get that first foot is it ok to fill over night? Oh yeah, and what do you do about the coping strip over the wall seam? Unfortunately I have to work today and only my 14yo will be home to monitor =O Little nervous about that but it really is looking good in terms of wrinkles. Is it ok to grasp double layer from under coping strip on outside and pull down (without taking coping strip off) to tighten as we go? Goota go! I'll keep you posted and will try to check back often

Give Casey a shout on PM. I have not put my own liner in she has. I am not sure what you are calling the coping strip so do NOT want to answer.

Too bad about the old liner but man to find a new one in town on C-list??????? WOW

Kim

Liner looks great . wrinkle free. Metal coping didn't quite reach. What's up with that?
Have a whole 7 or 8 inches of water in. woohoo ;) Wish I was rich. By the way, is it possible to use like creek water or something to fill a pool?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.