Can't get PH up

Jadcox

Jun 14, 2015
Bloomington
Hello I just finished converting my pool from baquacil to SWG. I got through it ok thanks to the help of your site. I only made one mistake. I tested the PH in the middle of it. Of course it was extremely high so added some muriatic acid. The conversion is now done everything looks great except my PH is so low the test just comes back a bright yellow and my TA is so low when I add the indicator to the sample it turns red instead of green. I'm using a Taylor k-2006 test kit. I've added almost a box of borax and it doesn't seem to be changing any. Is there something else I should be doing? Or just keep adding borax?

other numbers
FC: 1 just hooked the SWG up last night and I was afraid to boost it until I saw what it did because I already had some chlorine in it. So, I will boost that to increase this
CH: 80 adding increaser
CYA:30 been adding this so I will put a little more in.

Hi, welcome to TFP! You can finish off the box of borax and then try using baking soda to raise the TA and point a return up to aerate and raise pH if it is still too low to register.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.