Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Repair Windows XP

1. Back To Top    #1

Repair Windows XP

I have Windows XP install files on my Drive D. Is there a way to reinstall XP from here without reformatting and losing all my info and settings?
    Thanks
    My pool is a 10,500 gallon (420 Sq Ft ) kidney shape. A hand made sheer decent waterfeature. STA-RITE HRPB30, Sand filter 30" 98 GPM,
    1 HP Maxi-Glas 2 pump, BBB Method, Taylor K-2005 test kit, 50 Watt 12V low-voltage pond light illuminates the pool at night for a nice soft glow.
    250 gallon stand-alone hot tub. Got it FREE!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Repair Windows XP

You can use the Windows transfer files and settings application.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/usin ... ber12.mspx

This application will backup your files and settings which then can be restored after windows is reinstalled. Make sure to save the backup on the D: drive or an external drive.

You will still wipe out the C drive but then you can restore your settings and files. You will need to re-install the other applications but some of those settings may also be restored.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump and Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, 1/2 HP 2sp pump, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Repair Windows XP

Thanks, I'll remember that for future reference. I just got thru reinstalling XP and all my files that I did back up. I lost a few things but the important things are still there.
    My pool is a 10,500 gallon (420 Sq Ft ) kidney shape. A hand made sheer decent waterfeature. STA-RITE HRPB30, Sand filter 30" 98 GPM,
    1 HP Maxi-Glas 2 pump, BBB Method, Taylor K-2005 test kit, 50 Watt 12V low-voltage pond light illuminates the pool at night for a nice soft glow.
    250 gallon stand-alone hot tub. Got it FREE!