Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How long will plaster cure?

1. Back To Top    #1

How long will plaster cure?

I had my pool plastered and filled about three weeks ago. As of the last two days my polaris 480 has been collecting a white substance that is fine. I thought it was salt collecting in the bags at first. Then I notice that there was a candy rapper that had the sugar in one pouch and a dipping stick in the other. I so then I thought one of the kids was eating the candy and dropped it in the pool. But its been three days and I run the vacuum every night. ther is still a good amount of hte white granular substance in the polaris. Is this the plaster leaching somoe kind of substance?
    21,200 gal IG gunite, CL 580 sqft Cartridge filter, aqua pure salt system, polaris 480-blue&white, Jandy PDA Remote, (4) Jandy Deck Jets

2. Back To Top    #2
    It will probably take the plaster several months to fully cure. Getting calcium dust from fresh plaster is quite common.

Have you been testing the water? Curing plaster tends to raise the PH fairly rapidly.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    Jasonlion,

the ph has been at 7.8+. I cleaned the vaccuum again last night and there wasn't much of the white granules in it
    21,200 gal IG gunite, CL 580 sqft Cartridge filter, aqua pure salt system, polaris 480-blue&white, Jandy PDA Remote, (4) Jandy Deck Jets