Jandy JXI Heater Problems

Jan 2, 2012
New Jersey
Quick Question. I own a Heating and AC company and one of our customers asked us to look at their pool heater. ITs a brand new Jandy JXI heater installed by the home owner. Home owner is a Plumber. The heater is the JXI 260 Natural gas. There is a 40' piece of 1 1/4" CSST gas line ran from the meter to the unit with another 10' of 1 1/4" of black pipe. Unit is wired and grounded correctly. When I put my manometer on it, it reads 8.2" WC when Idle and when it fires up it reads 7.4" wc. The system uses a Negative Pressure gas valve which needs -.2" wc when running. When it fired I had a 2.4" to 2.6" of WC. I was able to adjust it down to 1" wc but not any lower. If I blocked off some of the incoming air I was able to get it down to -.2" Im about to replace the gas valve but I was wondering if anyone her new more about the unit. We have similar heater in the field using the negative pressure gas valves and most are every reliable. I did call the Jandy Tech line and he said that the system would not run with a CSST gas line. I find that kind of crazy and we have units with the Negative PRessure Gas valves running on CSST piping.

Thanks in advance.
Chris

Oh, CSST piping is that Corrigated Stainless Steel Tubing ( TracPipe, Wardflex, are some of the brands)

Hello! I see you haven't received a reply yet on your post about the Jandy heater. I just wanted to let you know we haven't forgotten about you. This reply should get your posting updated back to the top of the queue where hopefully someone experienced with your specific question can provide some constructive answers. Thanks for checking-in with TFP, and have a great day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.