LAST DITCH EFFORT....and I don't know what to do now

Good news that it is dropping less. FC will hold better overnight with the sun off the pool. Just keep raising the level back to shock. You can move it to 15 or 16 in the morning before work to help through the day.

Alright so pretty much every hour up until 4:00pm, we were adding 2 gallons of 8.25% as FC was dropping to 3.5-5.5 between 12:45 and 4. 5:30 it only dropped to 8.0, 6:30 dropped to 6.5, and now just at 7:30ish it only dropped to 9.5.

Let me know what you guys think and what I should do in the coming hours right before I head to bed, and what you may suggest for in the morning.

Thanks everyone for their valuable input.
The last time you test and adjust tonight, take it up to 15ish.

In the morning before work test and adjust.

When you get home, again

After dinner, again

Brush somewhere in there.

This is how it is going to go. As you are already seeing the FC is dropping less and less each time. Brushing, vacuuming and cleaning the filter when it needs it will get rid of the dead algae. Speaking of the filter, we recommend you backwash that sand filter when the pressure goes up 25% over the clean pressure.

The ladder hasn't been in the pool yet this year at all. We have a light, but it's in the deep end and I have no way of getting it out without entering the pool.

Raised shock level to 15-16 before going to work. Just returned home at 5:30 and we had zero. So Im putting in 3 gal. to bring it back up.

On a brighter note, this picture looks better than the last.

20150622_173934.jpg

That is a pretty blue there!

Good about the ladder. You are going to have to get that light out and scrubbed out when you are able to. We had a pool that he just could not pass the last part of the SLAM. He took out the light and found all kinds of algae. It only took a couple more days and he passed!

Kim

Im sure I'll be swimming to the bottom to pick up screws too....no idea how Im going to do this while treading water......maybe I can rig up a sling around the diving board somehow
The lights are usually held in by one screw at the top. Those of us with normal length arms can lie on the pool deck and reach down to unscrew it. The standard is that there is sufficient cable coiled up in the light niche to reach the pool deck for bulb exchanges.

Some manufacturers are nice in that they ave an "O" rink on the screw so that once its loose, the screw is held captive and won't drop out.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The lights are usually held in by one screw at the top. Those of us with normal length arms can lie on the pool deck and reach down to unscrew it. The standard is that there is sufficient cable coiled up in the light niche to reach the pool deck for bulb exchanges.

Some manufacturers are nice in that they ave an "O" rink on the screw so that once its loose, the screw is held captive and won't drop out.

Gotcha...I understand the lock on the screw part. I will take a gander quick

I could just barely get my arm down far enough to feel the screw....at full reach, I could produce enough torque to get the screw loose. It's in there pretty good. When they did the liner last year, I remember them putting some new parts around the light. Im guessing a gasket or seal of some sort.

Ok, so a little update. I haven't let up on this pool since we started last Saturday, and with the site being down, I just couldnt get a chance to post. Here are some pictures to show the progression. Not sure exactly what days I took them, but I also missed a couple days too. The most recent picture I just took a few minutes ago.

EDIT...for some reason, I still can't upload images. I clicked on the basic uploader, but there's no button to process the upload...FWIW, when I click on the 'Manage Attachments' button under the Advanced Reply mode, I try to upload a .jpg, and it says upload failed. Im under my upload limit enough to allow more uploads too...maybe someone can direct a moderator to this issue if it isn't known..thx

Well, I just got home from work and jumped in the pool to pull the light out. Needless to say, I was greeted by the dreaded green monster, algae. Cleaned up the cord, light, and socket. Im going to let the light out for a day to let it dry out because Im sure there are some small crevices that I didnt get to. Well, back up I go to get the evening SLAM going.

Well, while the site was acting up, I decided to get a little 'cute' with my water...no idea if I went back a few steps or not, but the pH has been low, and still no CYA showing up in my testing, so I decided to try and bring the pH up to 7.5 with some sodium carbonate, and also put a sock in the skimmer with enough stabilizer to raise CYA 10-15ppm. Needless to say the water went from pretty clear to this hazy blue color. I added the stabilizer this morning and the pH up last night.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.