Want to test your skimmers?

NeedMoreSun

LifeTime Supporter
Just have the grandkids over :)

IMG_00771_zpsiiqzk3rd.jpg

Yeah, the wife has a lot of ferns and other plants inside the enclosure. Wind during the night carried some stuff into the pool. Those just seemed to circle the pool until they sank but both skimmers had no problem sucking in toys, lol.

I'm still messing with pump speeds and times though, and this morning it started out on the low end. I think when I set it to first start in the morning it shouldn't be on low. I likely sank stuff before the higher speed hit and the skimmers working. Fun playing with it anyway, even if not trying real hard to decided when, and how much, to run until company is gone and back to the normal routine :)

That is weird. It happens to me too. A flower petal will pass two inches in front of the skimmer throat and pass by, but a 3/4 submerged squirtgun bobbing around will make its way across the pool and over the weir and into the skimmer basket without fail.

You're not the only one. I get to deal with this mainly due to my returns not having eyeballs. My returns are simple PVC pipe cut flush with the plaster wall, no way to alter the direction.

I end up will leaves and debris going right past the skimmer and make the full circle around the pool. I will find Howard, my floating thermometer duck, in the skimmer from time to time. Also splash bombs and other floating toys. I think a Toypeedo got in there once as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.