New in-ground pool - Boston, MA. Lots of pics

Timeline recap:

May 18 2015 – Pool Application submitted to town
May 21 2015 – Gas Company marks gas lines
May 22 2015 – Tour paver company coping and paver options
May 28 2015 – Town approved Pool Permit
Jun 11 2015 – Begin clearing grass from pool area
Jun 12 2015 – Day 1 of dig. Encountered buried stumps in shallow end of pool. Required us digging lower to find virgin ground and backfill with stone.
June 13 2015 – Day 2 of dig. Complete shallow end and finish deep end.
June 24 2015 – Plumbing of in-floor cleaning system
June 25 2015 – Start rebar
June 26 2015 – Rebar and plumbing crew show up. They really get moving and get almost all of it complete.
July 1 2015 - Rebar completed
July 2 2015 - Plumbing completed
July 6 2015 - Electrical bonding complete.
July 7 2015 - pre-gunite inspection (bonding and rebar) - pass
July 8 2015 - Gunite 6:30 am to 3 pm.
July 16-17,20 2015 - extend plumbing to equipment pad and grade areas around pool
July 25 2015 - trench conduit for electrical and add crushed gravel around pool for paver deck
July 26 - Installation of coping and waterline tile
July 30 - Plumb over flows. Install bonding wire that runs under the deck, connected to 4 points on the pool
July 31 - Pass Electrical Inspection. Paver Deck installation day 1
Aug 3 - Paver Deck installation day 2 - complete deck and equipment pad
Aug 5 - Apply polymeric sand to paver joints
Aug 6 - Repair drainage pipe that got damaged during pool dig. Pool equipment arrives. Start dry fitting components.
Aug 7 - Late start on pool equipment. Made some progress but not yet complete.

The light streams glass tile for the spa arrived today! We're hoping they'll be here tomorrow to install it. Possible installation of retaining walls may begin tomorrow.

We're now looking at middle of next week for plaster. Likely plaster on Wednesday, acid wash and fill on Thursday!

"The light streams glass tile for the spa arrived today!"

You tell us THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^ and do NOT post pics of it???????? I thought you loved us! LOL

I am so glad you let the kids have the boxes. Boxes, couch cushions, sheets=FUN times!

Kim

I just had enough time to check your thread before my sister comes. I'm dying to see your tile. Yes, I know...... I've seen it before, but it's still exciting for me to see someone else's glass tile!!!!

But I won't hound you - I know you have another life.

Or.... maybe you're sitting mesmerized in front of all that exquisite tile, and you can't take your eyes off it. Get word to someone, and we'll talk you down from it!!!

Have fun!
Suz.

WOW!!!! Looking great, I have not been over on this side of the forum, my time lately has been on the Water balancing side, make sure you visit that now prior to water, you can get the supplies you need now and be ready.

That decking is really nice!!! Love the Equipment pad too!! Can not wait to see the pool with water!!

Ok, Spool!!! You've got 24 hours to post pictures of the glass tile, then Suz will come hunt you down!!! I understand being busy (believe me, I understand!).

But tonight at 10:30 Pm (CSDT), you will have had 3 days to post pictures. One more day, then you'll be in trouble!!! :whip: Lol!!!
Suz.

So sorry about the lack of updates. Business travel has severely hampered my updating the thread.

Our pool equipment is almost complete. Will post some pics tomorrow.

The glass tile is beautiful. Take a look at these pics of the same piece from 2 different angles. You can see some of the color variation and sparkle.

F23D3DCC-E193-4B1B-B334-261B6B7F4365_zpsdgo8obe7.jpg

2D347825-CBAE-4F0F-9D2D-7514EDFEDABC_zps3wlrvw21.jpg

Here it is being installed on the spa infinity edge.

68655028-F6D8-4A2A-A894-11BD2E24ADD4_zpsuufehu08.jpg

7A2D97DD-01E9-4EBC-97F7-A57F9DBFE55C_zpsso1a85bx.jpg

The pool fitting were also installed today. You can see some of the G4V cleaning heads in the pics.

May rain tomorrow so not sure what to expect. Still on track for plaster this week - probably Thursday.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That is some jewels you have going on your pool! The sun and water will make them so awesome! They are awesome without any help!

Plaster this week??? NICE!

Hey at least you made it back before Suz's deadline! LOL

Have you thought about putting some of those tiles on your steps? Maybe a line or even 4 in a diamond shape.............

Kim

Oh my goodness! I need a very elegant adjective, and I can't think of one! Exquisite.... Brilliant... Magnificent...

I haven't seen the 1x1s close up. They sparkle more than the larger tiles - I love them! Now I need to build another pool, so I can use the Steel Blue!

And you can't imagine how beautiful they will be with water pouring over them. They WILL take your breath away....

I'm so very excited for you guys! Thanks for posting the pics. How dare work responsibilities intrude on pool things!!! Lol!!
Suz.

Wakey upy time!!!

I see the word GOLD all over some bags! Make sure they have the right color! We have had 3 this summer where the color was wrong-one got chipped out and redone, one they are thinking about leaving it, one she caught before they started the work.

Oh Happy day! Time to get PLASTERED!

Kim

Wakey upy time!!!

I see the word GOLD all over some bags! Make sure they have the right color! We have had 3 this summer where the color was wrong-one got chipped out and redone, one they are thinking about leaving it, one she caught before they started the work.

Oh Happy day! Time to get PLASTERED!

Kim

I know Kim, I was super worried based on all the issues seen lately! I even pm'd travisr100 this morning to make sure what my team did matched the second (correct) installation! There was much focus on the correct product being applied. I must say the finished product is AMAZING! It hasn't even been acid washed and the sun is shimmering off it. Will post some pics once I have time to get things uploaded.

Acid wash and water tomorrow! Woohoo!

I have to tell you that the list of things I tell people to check during pool builds is growing! LOL I thought I would have to tell them to make sure the correct color was being used!

Water! OH yeah! shiny without acid wash?? SWEET!

Okay so here is the things to watch for when water is started.

Washcloth around ends of hosed to keep from marking the plaster.

Hoses right on the main drain. Do NOT allow them to run down the plaster in any way. It can cause streaking.

Kim

Found spool's build thread after he PM'd me about the plaster color. I've got to say up until now I'd not seen another pool I liked better than mine. Of course, I designed it. :) But this one is going to be gorgeous. I'm jealous! Love the pavers and the tile. I think the Deep Sea Blue plaster is really going to make everything pop with the light paver color.

Awesome that your son got to run the excavator.

With the pictures of that snow I think I might have put in two of those 400K BTU heaters!

Plaster crew arrived at around 6 am. I'm on business travel so have left my wife with a honey-do list (haha, usually it's the other way around).

Item #1 - CONFIRM PLASTER IS WETEDGE PRISM MATRIX DEEP SEA BLUE!!!

The other 3 pages were not as critical... She calls me and says: Nothing says Prism Matrix! I freak out! Call Wetedge, PM travisr100, call the police, etc... Everyone responds back with the same message that this is normal. The Prism Matrix is a recipe of a bunch of different wetedge products, glass, shell, etc... Ok, now we're all calm and work begins!

The team (had close to 10 people) cook up the Prism matrix product, put on their fancy shoes and started working. Pictures are flowing in slower than I'd like but I hear it's breathtaking in person. My kids are having more fun treasure hunting in the plaster/sludge waste area...

6689AD0A-DC0E-49A0-8D24-594DAC3A3797_zpse1til7h1.jpg

227C0733-A103-4373-9EDE-B4C529C433A4_zpsqrwx3jby.jpg

AA07DEA6-7DDD-44B9-B292-DADC0C005B9A_zpscyrtjhbr.jpg

Kids treasure hunt... at first they were picking them out with their hands. Then my 11 year old built some type of filter.
DB826C14-055C-490E-8077-77E0FE259E6A_zps8r58niug.jpg

4C7DC772-5BE4-4513-91E4-1BE1ECC096FB_zps06kgkydr.jpg

Plaster installation...
BC0D86E2-76FF-410A-8095-FEF81350A90A_zpshhbdul3w.jpg

B7E345E5-9ADA-4D61-9663-BE0C04794DBE_zpsnnbkudrq.jpg

08E31A7A-B487-45B1-AC08-180A3CA55866_zpsgwlci9pb.jpg

F6FCDD2E-5F73-42BE-82AB-2F50843D151C_zps7qktej67.jpg

Poor Momma! "How do I tell him it is wrong?" Better safe than sorry! Good job making sure!

Got to love the kids treasure hunting AND the 11 yr old making a filter............wonderful use of brains!

It happened! It really happened! NICE!

when do you get home?

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.