Hi from Maryland

So glad I found this site! We've had an 18x9x52 Intex Ultraframe pool for several years and never been able to swim in it! Bought several years ago for disabled husband, took a few years to get help to put up, then another few to exchange the POS ladder for a locking one. Had hoped to put up a deck with access stairs but alas....So I read today about putting in a through the wall skimmer. We have a salt generator and a sand filter to replace the one that came with the pool (killing me trying to buy those paper cartridges) and its still not clean. Sorry for the long backstory.

So, any caveats to hooking up the sand filter? Do I need to drain the pool to put in the through the wall skimmer or can I just take the water level down?

Thanks in advance,
IVNurse 2005

Hello and welcome to TFP! While I don't have personal experience with installing a sand filter/skimmer to an Intex pool, I found this link that perhaps might help you a little:
Adding a sand filter to intex pool with attached skimmer

Based on the title of this thread, others in the forum may not actually key-in on the fact you have such a question and pass it on by as just a welcome message. So if you don't see any new replies in a day or two, perhaps consider creating a new (question) thread titled something like, "Need assistance installing sand filter and skimmer for Intex". Just a thought. :)

Hope you find everything you need here at TFP. Have a great day.