Bpaulhicks

Well, you came to the right place. Start reading the posts and absorb as much as your brain will allow, then ask specific questions related to your pool.

Before all of that, get a good test kit, TFT-100 with the XL option.

P.S. chlorine is chlorine, no matter where it comes from.

First & foremost ... WELCOME! :wave: You have questions? We have answers. :) Yes, bleach is TFP's primary source for chlorination and attacking algae blooms if/when they occur. When used, along with other chemical additives at the recommended levels, bleach it totally safe and a great sanitizer with virtually no side effects to the pool or equipment. Please take a few moments to read the links below in my sig. Also, if you haven't done so already, we strongly urge you to get one of the recommended test kits. The proper test kit is everything. Why? Because we've all learned (from personal experience) you cannot reply on pool store tests, test strips, or simple over-the-counter kits. They don't read Free Chlorine (FC) or Cyanuric Acid (CYA) levels accurately or to the high levels we need.

Also, please add your pool info to your signature by going to the top of the TFP web page (just under the Pool School button) and select "SETTINGS". On the next page look to the left for a menu bar that says, “MY SETTINGS” and go to "EDIT SIGNATURE" to enter your pool and equipment info there. It will help us later.

Nice to have you with us!

- - - Updated - - -

Uh oh, my signature disappeared. :( I need to get that looked at. But the Pool School link at the top of the page as everything as well. - There it is, on my next post.