AGP Timer

Unless your pump is plumbed away from the pool the use of a plug in timer will be a bit difficult. A properly wired (code compliant) pool pump will have a twist lock plug on the end of a 3' cord. This will be plugged into a waterproof "in-use" receptacle. Not too many timers will fit into those parameters

Which is what you want to plug the timer into...correct? Intermatic makes several plug in timers. However, you will need to get one that has enough amperage capacity for the pump motor and still fit inside the In-Use cover. For example the Intermatic P1101 is a 15 amp capacity plug in timer timer

Other threads on here have people saying this is good. I am going to be buying this soon. You basically plug the pump into this (which will be mounted on a post) and plug this into the 'in-use' gfci waterproof outlet with bubble cover.

The timer has the plug on the bottom so the thinking is it won't get wet while plugged, that worries me a bit though

Amazon.com: Intermatic P1121 Heavy Duty Outdoor Timer 15 Amp: Home Improvement

Amazon.com: Woods 50015 Outdoor 7-Day Heavy Duty Digital Outlet Timer: Home Improvement

^ Yeah, I still can recommend that inexpensive Woods timer. I've had mine for just 12 months but it has survived through snow, rain and heat.

IMG_0508.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.