Florida pool build oh boy!

We are signing a contract next week for our Pool 14X28 Roman, tanning ledge and steps within that, Spa with spill over, and swimmers bench across deep. I'm happy to find this thread. I'm not a newbie pool owner because we had above ground and fiberglass at other homes. But living in Florida now we are going with the Gunite. So I'm trying to find great equipment choice's from other pool owner's. All of our Equipment is TBD. Has anyone heard of a heat pump AutoCal that heats and cools your pool. Are you going with a color for your plaster and than with a finish for water. I know nothing about these things. Open to any reviews. Your design is beautiful and the back of our house looks almost the same as you have. We have 3 sliders and a small Lanai. So we are choosing 898 Sq Ft to install on the back of our house all the way across with paver's. The problem I'm having is the choice of finish.
Happy

I'm having a Gulfstream heat pump with chiller put in for my new pool. It has the best warranty. 10 years on parts 5 years on labor and lifetime on titanium. My stepson is in the ac business so he called his distributors and asked which was the best one. I'm also in Florida. It just makes sense to get the chiller too. It's so hot here in the summer. Pool water can get very hot.

I am not sure how it is rated but I do know i should have got a chiller with mine instead of just a heater. My pool was 87 today. I don't think you can go wrong with hayward. Dluzader, will your pool be screened in? What size patio will you be going with? I wasn't sure if your patio will be 898sq feet around the pool? mine is 28'x48'. I wish i would have gone 50' but it still works pretty good. Everyone says its a big setup for Florida. My PB will come back in 3 weeks to hook up all the automation and get the heater and salt system hooked up.

As far as finish, it depends on what look you are going for. we wanted a darker blue so we went with antigua for the plaster. we almost went with pavers but didn't want to seal them every year. If i could go back I would use Travertine.

Yes I will have a cage. I like Hayward also we had them for our other pools in the past. But Florida is totally different. I'm leaning for the chiller.
The 898 Sq Ft is the total Pavement. Our house it 48 wide and we wanted to maybe add pergola later. The pool will be centered to the house where we step out of the lanai into the pool. It's going to be small but that is all we wanted to take care of in our Retirement. I know about the sealing and it's kind of a pain but wanted to keep cost down. I would love the Travertine but so far with the plans we have stayed in our budget to start and would like to upgrade equipment especially the heater/chiller. What's funny is when we walked in to a PB there was a young man behind the desk we asked how do you enjoy your pool when it's so hot. He said he never heard of a chiller but suggested ice lol.
Maybe this one AquaCal Heater/Chiller?

Yes in south Florida chiller is a must if you can budget for it! I had a hard time talking my hubby into it until his son told him the pool in is Community wasn't even refreshing on Father's Day. He said you had to get out to cool off. Hayward and Jandy are 2 of the most popular ones here. If you want to safe a little money you can buy it yourself and ask your PB if he will install it for you. Most of the quotes I got here for them the PB add $$ to the price. Here is a link Pool Heat Pumps, Pool Heating Systems, Pool Heaters

I love your pool design! We have an existing 15 x30 rectangular pool circa 1960. We love it! Our spa is in an enclosed spa room 8' from the pool and this year we are opening it up to the pool with sliders. Our deck is just poured concrete, but we want to install travertine over the top or do a stamped concrete overlay. Being in the Pacific Northwest, I would love to do the enclosure much like yours, if it's not too cost prohibitive. Just to keep the snow and rain off of the pool, and those darned leaves and pine needles. I've been thinking of perhaps a glass roof and screened sides. The pool is heated, both solar and a heat pump. Yours is beautiful and if I was starting over I would do much the same as you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
John Moore, Bellingham, WA
15x30 19,100gallons, 1.5 hp Hayward Super Pump, S200 Sand Filter, Bleach, Taylor Test Kit

I love your pool design! We have an existing 15 x30 rectangular pool circa 1960. We love it! Our spa is in an enclosed spa room 8' from the pool and this year we are opening it up to the pool with sliders. Our deck is just poured concrete, but we want to install travertine over the top or do a stamped concrete overlay. Being in the Pacific Northwest, I would love to do the enclosure much like yours, if it's not too cost prohibitive. Just to keep the snow and rain off of the pool, and those darned leaves and pine needles. I've been thinking of perhaps a glass roof and screened sides. The pool is heated, both solar and a heat pump. Yours is beautiful and if I was starting over I would do much the same as you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
John Moore, Bellingham, WA
15x30 19,100gallons, 1.5 hp Hayward Super Pump, S200 Sand Filter, Bleach, Taylor Test Kit

The enclosure was $9200. I love it. I can leave my back door open and it feels like a part of my house. I have seen some with glass on top. Only issue is it's hard to clean. Lots of waterspots

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
does anyone know of a product to mix in a sealer that will take some of the slip out of stamped concrete? I love the look of our patio but it is way too slippery. I have found a couple of products to add to the sealer but want to get some user experience with different products. Sherman Williams shark grip is one of them that has glass beads so it doesn't mess up the aesthetics of the patio. They should have put sand in the stain when they did it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.