New Pool Build in Massachusetts

Got home from weekend away to find a rock hammer in the yard. Thought they were coming Monday but sooner is great. Hopefully they take the remnants away tomorrow. Hope everyone had a Happy 4th. Lucky to have had two family reunions in the mountains of Vermont!
1986723f7b46f04ae3dcd5306b6476cc.jpg

c63ac03afee2c3438aa81e9927625f7b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Well, they aren't ahead of schedule anymore, but we are slowly moving forward. The infloor system when in on Monday and steel goes in tomorrow. Then, it is on to plumbing, inspections for electrical and gunite hopefully next week. I keep telling myself to take the date they give me and add a week so I don't drive myself crazy, but it doesn't always work. They can't control the weather, but hope they are staying on top of what they can control.

Poo! (on the schedule)

Every time there is a delay at my pool, I remind myself that with the years and years of enjoyment to come, a week or two here and there isn't much. Sometimes it helps :D, sometimes it doesn't :(.

Pics in the meantime would be good! You know how much we all like pics!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What fun! Thanks for sharing!

The pics are awesome!

Now do your self a favor--------go out with a tape and measure everything! Is it deep enough, too deep? It is wide enough? too wide?

Factor in about 3 inches for gunite and go from there.

Look real close at you tanning ledges and such. Will your chairs fit on there? Is it as deep as you wanted.

NOW is the time to get it fixed if it is wrong.

I LOVE the fire pit area on the drawing! That looks so inviting!

Those big rocks! Those will be fun to use around the yard!

Kim

Great advice, Kim. I just texted by builder about the sunshelf, as I thought it was 12 inches deep and it is only 6. Truthfully, she has not given me the plan yet and I have been trying to be more trusting this time. I know they will do a good job. Of course, if we don't communicate well that doesn't help. I don't think she is going to be happy about this, but I want it to be 12 inches. Six just doesn't make any sense. Your body isn't even in the water. I figured 12 inches puts me somewhat in the water to read and relax. Trying to search now how deep they are.

AND think about this ..............is it 6 inches NOW? If so it will not be much of anything once the gunite and plaster goes on!

It does not matter how they are usually are. How deep do YOU want it??? Are you thinking of sitting on the floor or using a chair? Sit down how you will be in the pool. Use a tape measure to see where you want the water to hit you.

6 inches? That is nothing!

It is MUCH easier to fix now!

Kim

Actually, it measured almost 10 inches, but she told me 6 inches of water. After talking it over, I see her point. Too deep and you will float. I went ahead and laid down in it. Pretty funny. I think it is good. Just had a moment of freaking out!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That is great to have a reality-checker in the group. I had such a lousy experience with my last build. I didn't get a lot of information and dealt with so many people who treated me like my questions were annoying, so I was looking for a better build this time. Sometimes I read things on this site and feel like I should be asking more questions but then remember I picked this builder after a lot of research and feeling confident with her approach. She and I are actually a lot alike. We try to put most everything in writing, but when that doesn't work we are quick to get on the phone. She emailed me last night to say she was so glad we talked or it would have kept her up all night. That is who I want building my pool.

It is funny, they don't do the plumbing until after gunite. They did the infloor and main drains, but they wait to do the other until after because they don't want the gunite crew stepping on it while they work. I have never heard of this, but she said they put the lines for the returns, cleaner, etc. through the gunite but come back to plumb the outside after. Seems like more work for them as they have to come back, but I am pretty happy they worry more about the integrity of the pool then convenience. I also like that she or her father (the owner) stay on site all day with the gunite crew to make sure everything goes well.

Okay, need to head out to daughter's play now. Thanks for all of the support and advice.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.