Issues with the Intex Krystal Clear Filter Pump Model 637r. Please help!

We got an above ground pool three years ago, and at the same time, the pump in question. It worked fine for the first two years, but now it will not turn on. A couple days ago, it had the same problem. I unplugged the extension cord it was attached to and left it alone. My mom went outside and it... started working just fine. Two days later I go out to replace the filter (Cartridge?), so I turn it off, open the thing, replace it, close the filter, go to turn it on, and... nothing's being filtered. I've tried loosening the screw thing on top of the cap to let out some pressure, as the manual says, but no dice. Tried changing the extension cord it was attached to, maybe it's the power source? Nothing changed. I'm not sure what the actual problem is, and I would be eternally grateful if anybody could help.

Sounds like it might be time to upgrade to one of the Intex sand filters. Everyone who has one seems to be very happy with them over the cartridge filters.

Well, considering how far the pool is from the house, there's literally no other way to plug the thing in. It's got a short cord.

I'll look into it. I'd rather not have to replace the filter, though. It shouldn't be dying already.

Oh, and thanks for the advice!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.