new pool build Phoenix-PICS

the joys of construction. one of the fazes I'm looking most forward to is clean up! :) I'm eager to start growing my grass back to keep the dirt outside and burry the plumbing so my kids don't break that, too. we r big outsiders and the kids r jumping over the plumbing all the time. the 6 year old is a strong kid, but yes, they had a few feet of unsecured plumbing sticking up. anyone could've broken it if they weren't paying attention.

It actually gets cold in Phoenix-no!? My hubby went to ASU- he said the pools were always too hot there, you'd have to refrigerate the water LOL!
The seeping still bugs me cuz every time I look out there my eyes draw to it and I wonder if we should've been warned! Maybe eventually I'll just get used to it and it won't bother me anymore. But I will still bring it up after this summer and see if PB can seal.
Thank you, but Greece? Had to do something totally different from our last tropical lagoon pool so the whole beach thing fit the bill with our big yard. would you believe we actually brought in 8 yards of beach sand :)

macdee, it does get cold in Phx, down to the freezing about 10 days out of the year. so i guess the water heats up later in the season? i've heard that water temp is no prob if u have aerators, which we didn't get because the pool company said aerators r very ugly with travertine. they said the bubbler on the baja step will be enough and that aerators r proven to not be effective, all they do is evaporate water so u have to add more, so then the water feels cooler and it feels cooler while it's on you.

the seeping is one of the details a pool company probably wouldn't have thought of to warm someone i bet. would've been nice if they would've warned u, though. i wonder how many people would be bothered by that. i would be i bet most people wouldn't. has anyone said anything about it?

I felt like the houses and hills reminded me of Greece, which I've never been to, and which has a lot of cobalt blue, to don't ask me why i said Greece. :) very pretty though!!! extremely pretty actually!!! i love the whole pool, backyard, and view!

our water was about 85-86 on Monday, and it felt cold for about 4 seconds when you got in, then it was perfect. We have a bubbler and 2 spill pots and a water sheer. The pipes are not deep enough to shield from the heat, so in the summer all you get is hot water coming out of those features. you'd need to spray that stuff 25 feet in the air to have it cool down enough to have any effect.

You will be fine until the humidity kicks in. Before that, the second you rise out of the pool you will start cooling off. It's the late summer when getting in is about the same as staying out of the pool that you may be dissatisfied. But, you can swim through September unlike a lot of the nation, so there' that.

my 6 year old is in the hospital right now and i thought i'd post for anyone who prays. She tripped on the uneven terrain in the backyard it seems into a mirror. it possibly has cut through a ligament and/or tendon. she had 2 cuts sewn up last night and we've been waiting now 11 hrs since her accident for news about her surgery. they r waiting for a surgeon to get on the morning shift. she has never had general anesthesia before and we're very worried. ofcourse i'm regretting everything from letting her play in the backyard during construction to having had that mirror in that location. one of the workers wanted it and i told him he could have it but he never took it. if only he would've taken it. if only we never had it or i moved it for the chickens and made their temporary home more permanent. if only my son didnt go to the birthday party that was hard to fit in yesterday on top of everything he wouldn't have brought home that water toy that she was playing with and she wouldn't have tripped. i feel horrible for her and horrible as a mom right now worrying about the pool and safety even more. i don't know if i'll ever be able to rest having the pool. we r putting a fence and the 3 kids know how to swim, but accidents happen. we were so close to swimming and now i'm not sure if she'll get to swim with having surgery. anyone who prays, pls pray she will wake up fine from the general anesthesia if that is what they have to use, which it sounds like it, that the doc will do a fantastic job, that she does not lose any function of her arm/range of motion... and that she heals quickly and painlessly. i'm so worried right now. thanku so much!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Praying for your daughter, you and your family. For what it's worth, I've been doing anesthesia for 8yrs and general anesthesia for children is very safe. Like me, every anesthesia provider I've worked with treats our pediatric patients like our they were our own children. I'm so sorry this happened, but don't blame yourself or the pool build. Kids are so resilient and your daughter will will amaze you at how well she gets through this.

Eric

My prayers go out for your daughter, and you. We can try as hard as we like, we can't think of everything and accidents do happen. As my grandmother told me, "Babies are built to bounce for a reason". Kids really are resilient. Please keep us posted with how she is doing.

thanks all of u! 24 hrs later, the surgery went well. they said there could be a chance of nerve damage, but all looks good. someone was mentioning how close it was to an artery. I'm on a joyful, tired, cloud right now. So happy she's home. although, she has started with a lowgrade fever, I"m hoping the antibiotics r going to catch up. I have to monitor her tonight and call doc tomorrow if it gets higher.

3 pastors and a friend visited the hospital and hundreds of people were praying for her! Amazing. I'm so grateful.

as far as the pool, I can barely think about it right now but I kinda have to to some degree cuz I have a major goal to keep it going so that we can fill that hole with water before my kids fall in the hole! don't know why the retainer wall guys got it mixed up every time but the made the wall a bit longer than was on plan. a foot on one side and 2 feet on the other I think. I never wanted the wall and it seemed to my designer friend that if we did a beige block wall like the color of the block wall that is behind it, it might sort of blend in and go away between that and the plants i'm going to plant there. I guess we really need it so if I don't like it that much it is what it is. I can't imagine i'd have the guy fix it to the length on plan. it's not going to make a huge difference in the scheme of my 40 foot pool. I will still have lots of space to plant and who knows, maybe it'll give it some cool dimension. I don't know. pic is dark by the time we got home but hopefully folks can get an idea at where we're at.

freaked out by the tile when they started laying it but I always thought I would. if u see back to my initial dream pool idea i'm going after, though, I think i'm happy with the cobalt blue. I just always kept coming back to it. lots of plants will help and my rebar fence will hopefully add some spice, although it is a fence... I think it also looks a bit better in real life than the pic. there's still a lot to do in the yard, but I told the pb what happened to my daughter and that i'd like clean up asap and prob due to them thinking I might try and sue them or something, the jumped on it and cleaned up pretty well, although they prob left a big pile of cement and trash that was left and we might talk with them about that cuz it's a 3 x 2' blop of cement and plastic handles they probably buried less than 1' under ground. sometimes I don't know how much I should make a big deal over things like this. they also left a bit more dirt than was in the backyard and they didn't really take it all out.

im having a hard time staying awake and too lazy to proofread and see if I typed something strange cuz i'm literally falling asleep sitting up. i'll post this and look at repurcusions tomorrow. :) thx again for prayer!!!

IMG_4979.jpgIMG_4986.jpgIMG_4990.jpgIMG_4992.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

bella in hospital for cut under armpit.jpg my little trooper :)
not sure why pics on sides. sorry!

I am glad she is home and recovering. That is a lovely dreamy smile she has.

As for your retaining wall, just remember how much debris it will keep out of your pool, it will grow on you. Based on the pics you have posted, you have a creative mind, one day it will just come to you what to do with it.

I am glad to hear that she is fine! Now for the hard part----keeping her quiet! LOL

Everything with the pool will work out. You will find some neat stuff to do with every thing and make it yours.

I would have them dig up and take the stuff they buried. That will come back to bite you if you leave it. At our school we found out the hard way they dug and used three trash pits. They were paid to take it away and told NOT to bury any trash. Well..................about 5 yrs after we had been in the school one of the kids stepped on a nail! When I went to look for the nail I found all kinds of stuff starting to come up and show where it was buried!

We had several parents come out that had metal detectors and they found all three trash pits! A backhoe was brought in and they were dug up and fill in with dirt. The school board was going to go after the company to make them pay. I don't know where it went from there.

So have it dug up and removed.

Kim

IMG_4996.jpgI think if I post pics separately they will come out straight, so here I go. I thought i'd send a few pics of after the clean up left. my main complaint is that I know they buried cement and trash under the ground. but i'm wondering if i'm being irrational about some of the other stuff. the pool company said they would not touch our grass area when I over and over told them I was worried about water flooding into my house when it rained. they said I don't have to worry about that because they aren't touching the grading of my yard cuz they won't touch the yard. they left extra dirt and I can tell because i'm used to walking in my yard and if I rake some of it away I can find grass that was under it. is the clean up supposed to leave things in pretty good shape and ready to lay sod and stuff or is it expected we will still have to clean up after the clean up company? for example, should they have left piles like this or should I not make a big deal (or add it to my list of things i'm taking care of but they'd better fix the bigger things...)?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.