Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: request for vacuum advice

1. Back To Top    #1

request for vacuum advice

I need a vacuum that can handle the fine dust/dirt which collects at the bottom of my pool. leaves are not a big deal for me. It must have an option switch to stay on the floor.

I don't care if its suction side, pressure, robot, dust fairy, anything!

It needs to last for a couple years after which my son will be big enough to be crowned "pool boy".

thanks.
    Light grey plaster, stone coping, 38K gallon Roman shaped pool with a shallow end beach, table and bar stools, deep end bench and waterfall (Intelliflo 4X160). Taylor K-2006, Pentair 320 chlorinator, Intelliflow VF, Quad DE 100. 4 ColorLogics, 3 skimmers, 14 wall returns, 13 floor returns, TurboTwister slide, autofill and miles of pvc.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: request for vacuum advice

Polaris 280 Or Letro Legend.

Use the fine bag or add a nylon liner to the bag.

These are both pressure side cleaners that utilize booster pumps.
    21' Leslies Beachland Ag Pool, 10,000 gallons, professionally installed (best money I ever spent) Hayward 16" sand filter w/Pentair two speed pump Fafco 4x20 solar heater,Aqua Trol RJ. Borates added. Hard plumbed.

3. Back To Top    #3

Another vote for the Polaris 280 with the fine bag. Mine doesn't leave anything behind that is visible and I'm often amazed at the fine grit that I find trapped in the bag. It also seems to be the most rugged design of the various Polaris pressure side cleaners.
    26,000 Gallon Gunnite IGP
    2 HP Challenger High Head Pump
    60sf Nautilus DE filter
    Polaris 280

4. Back To Top    #4

If you only need a few years out of it, a remote controlled robotic cleaner can be a lot of fun. You can clean your pool with one hand and drink a beer with the other. Expensive, but worth it?