Autopilot Power Setting

The total amount of chlorine that can be produced on power level 1 is lower than it is on power levels 2 and 3. If you can't produce enough chlorine, or the percentage goes above about 60%, you will want to increase the power level.

Ideally, the power level should be adjusted so that your summer percentage setting is as close to 50% as possible (not that the percentage will necessarily be anywhere close to 50%). If you oversize the SWG, as we recommend, this almost always means using power level 1.

Yep.

Your cell is designed for a 52,000 gallon pool, so it is indeed appropriately sized based on our recommendations (i.e. get a unit 1.5 to 3 times larger than the manufacturer recommends).

Just to be clear, you set the percentage setting based on what is required to maintain the appropriate FC level in your pool. Should you find that setting going over say 70%, then you may want to move to a higher power level, which will allow you to lower the percentage down a bit (and still produce the same amount of chlorine).

The reason for doing it this way is to get the AutoPilot automatic temperature compensation to work well. It operates best when the percentage setting is in the area of 50%, well really more like 30% to 70%. If you get too close to either end of the percentage range the automatic temperature compensation had less room to make adjustments in, which can result in less than ideal performance of that specific feature.

Ok that's helpful. I am still trying to get the chemicals straight and hopefully soon get the swg tied into the pump because right now I'm plugging it in and out each day. After that I will have a better grasp on functionality.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.