Vacuum the pool...

I think it would depend on the size and quantity of the waste. If you were vacuuming a swamp, it would probably be wise to vacuum to waste, whereas if you had some dirt collecting and maybe a leaf you would vacuum to filter.

I usually vacuum to waste. Only because I have a bit higher CH and CYA than I would like and it gives me a way to do small drain/refills. But Fleck's advice is the way to go if your chemistry is where you need/want it.

As far as backwashing, that I do when the pressure gauge tells me that it is needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! It is a swamp lol I'm skimming leaves from the bottom and I can't see anything. Hopefully, once I start adding bleach to slam I will be able to see the bottom and get them all. I just need the CYA to register on the test. It's been 4 days and the black dot is still visible. Does it actually take a week? I used the sock method.

You might want to get the hayward in line leaf canister with removable mesh bag.

I wouldn't vacuum without one now after owning one for a few months.

saves the need to clean the pump basket out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.