Help! Just paid to have coping regrouted and now coping tiles are breaking!!!

Hello,

I am a first time pool owner, however we moved to a home with an existing pool (about 10 years old). We wanted to update are pool decking and the grouting of the coping was chipped out and very worn so we hired a company to re-acrylic coat the decking and re-grout the coping. The used a saw to remove the old grouting and regrouted however, now the grouting has cause several of the coping tiles to chip and break. Also there are cracks all around the pool in the grout. Please help! This was very expensive and the job was done very poorly. It looks really bad and since the pool has been there for 10 years, I don't think we can find the same tiles to replace the broken ones. Does anyone know why this happened? What should we do? Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!20150517_191915_resized.jpg20150517_191924_resized.jpg20150517_191927_resized.jpg

Like Patrick_B, I have no certainty, but it sure looks like either [or both] (1) something is moving or (2) the grout is shrinking as it cures (usually from being mixed with too much water). Grout shrinkage could possibly cause spalling of the tiles, if it adhered tightly enough.

What does the contractor say?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.