Should I sell the Pentair Racer for a Polaris 280?

Mar 14, 2015
San Antonio, TX
We just remodeled our pool and I went with all new Pentair equipment. The Pentair Racer had a problem with the reverse cycle and the rep came over to take a look. They ended up replacing the whole unit so now I could sell it on eBay as new. I like the Racer a lot but I'm worried about repair costs down the road. When he took it apart it looked like a lot of moving parts to potentially fail. It's not something you can go down to the local pool store and get parts on the weekend. The local pool store says just get the 280 and be done. It's proven and easy to service and repair. I get a 3 year warranty on the Racer because I purchased at least 3 pentair products. it's a hard choice. What would you recommend.

Thanks,
Rob

Hey Redixon, Welcome to TFP!

I would suggest selling it and getting a really nice Robot with that size of pool. They really are excellent, and you don't have to run the pumps to use them. By most all accounts, they clean far better too. Just something to think about..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.