Pool Build from Hades

I am so sorry I just now saw this message sublime. Nope, here it is October and they are STILL NOT DONE. Don't get me wrong, we have been swimming for a month or two but still don't have concrete yet. I didn't think it was possible that anyone's project could possibly be OLDER than ours. Maybe we can warn others so this won't happen to anybody else!
believe it or not, we finally got concrete. They still have some minor things to take care of but its done. The process took 8 months and required almost daily phone calls. I still have to have all the gaslines re run because their guy was not licensed. Im going to have to eat that cost. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

believe it or not, we finally got concrete. They still have some minor things to take care of but its done. The process took 8 months and required almost daily phone calls. I still have to have all the gaslines re run because their guy was not licensed. Im going to have to eat that cost. Good luck!

You can't withhold the finial payment or part of it to pay for the gas line?

Kim

You can't withhold the finial payment or part of it to pay for the gas line?

Kim
They agreed to forgive my balance which is about a third of what the gas line will cost to replace. It was the best option because the concrete was scheduled for the day after I realized the gas lines would not work. I had to make a choice to either put off concrete another month or make this deal. I was just ready to get this done.

I SO hear you! Please tell me you got that deal in writing.......better safe than sorry.

How did you find out about the gas line? What clued you in?

I ask so I can learn from you for the future pool builders out there.

Kim

I SO hear you! Please tell me you got that deal in writing.......better safe than sorry.

How did you find out about the gas line? What clued you in?

I ask so I can learn from you for the future pool builders out there.

Kim
i had a reputable plumber that I hired doing some work in a bathroom. I was telling him about the headache i was having and he asked if he could look. he quickly found that the pipe was only 4 inches under ground and the pipe was onlybrated only rated for indoor use. I looked the plumber up on the state licensing site and he was not listed.
This is my first major home improvement project. Ive learned alot. I would definitely check your states licensing web pages for all sub contractors. I made the mistake of assuming anyone the pool company would bring out would be licensed and bonded. Evidently, thats not the case.

OH MY! You would think your PB would ONLY have licensed people working for him. I can guess this guy is the cheapest the PB could find and NO ONE else has checked his work! OUCH! Think of how many others had work done by him that is NOT right!

So how deep should gas line be buried?

Only rated for indoor use! SCARY stuff there as you KNOW you would have a problems in no time with that pipe due to rust and such.

GOOD CATCH!

Kim

Well, I just wanted to update this thread for anyone that cared and especially for anybody that does a search for this so-called Pool Builder. Well, it's February, and we're finally finished! It took 11 months from start to finish. I hired my own concrete guy to finish some extra concrete for us and to do our rock waterfall and jump rock. I also finished the pool deck myself (Cool! coating by Encore Products) to save some money and because I didn't trust those clowns to do any more work.

All in all, it turned out pretty good I think and we're ready to put this behind us. Because the pool was not level (within 3/4") the PB ended up paying to have our cantilever edge done with their concrete guy to make it "appear" more level. Cost him an extra $1500 dollars or so. I guess that was a moral victory but I would have gladly given it up to have my pool finished "in 10 days" like the salesman originally quoted.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What a relief to finally have it over! I'm sorry that you had to go through all that, but it seems you did a wonderful job getting the final details in. I hope you have an awesome summer enjoying the pool and can put all the negative memories behind you. Thanks for the update.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.