Can this work with my Pool?

It is not necessary to drain your pool. If you post your current test result, free chlorine, PH, CYA, etc. someone will come along shortly to provide guidance.

Check out this Test Kit Comparison and order one of the recommended test kits. I use and recommend the TF100 from tftestkits.net

- - - Updated - - -

Oops, just noticed you are in Canada. You can't get the TF100 there. It will probably need to be one the Taylor kits.

A proper test kit is the most important thing you'll ever buy for your pool. If you're not willing to do that, then you'll get very little in the way of useful advise here. Try the pool store. I'm sure they'd be happy to separate you from much more than $100 and still leave you with a nasty pool.

No, you don't need algaecide. No you don't need pH stabilizer. Read ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry in Pool School.
You need bleach.
You need acid.
You may need cyanuric acid.
You may need borax.
You may need baking soda.
But most of all you need a test kit. I spend 10 minutes a day on my pool. This site is about taking care of your own pool, knowing how to do it effectively and cheaply. There's no magic bullets that may or may not work around here. Only knowledge to take care of your pool that will work. But it takes some effort on your part to learn TFP methods. If you're not willing to do that or get a proper test kit, I wish you luck in your other efforts to maintain your pool.

We all just want a clear pool with less time spent on it and less money spent on it too. That's what TFP is! Thousands of members here will agree. But we can't do it for you. It's up to you.

i know but if i buy a tester i need to buy algicide, ph stabilisator, etc:S i just want a pool clear with the less time to spend on the pool and ply with my kids :)

I'm not sure you've grasped the purpose of this site. If you know your pool's accurate readings, you won't need to waste money on all that stuff.

The only thing you *might* have to buy at a pool store is chlorine stabilizer, aka CYA (cyanuric acid). Everything else you need can be gotten at Wal Mart, such as liquid chlorine (bleach) and baking soda.

But without accurate pool readings,we can't tell you what you need to add. You might as well just guess.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.