introduction and new pool build in AZ

We just did the fence last weekend. It had to be done for us to pass our final inspection. I love the pool in the corner of the yard we have a pretty big yard so we still have way more space For the kids. Our last house had the pool right off the patio and it was a disaster you walked out the back door and you were almost in the pool.

that's great! i'm trying to maximize play space as much as possible, too. our pool space will be on the smaller side but we're getting lots of gates on the pool to really open it up as much as we can when we want to. that's nice u have a big yard!

I loved the flexibility of the mesh fence however after some research we found them to be unsafe. I can just picture my toddler going out with scissors and cutting it. Maybe it would work for you? I like that you can take it down and have all the space.

What a cool shape for your deck! That is awesome, and it gives you so much space for chairs and everything. Your build is going so quickly! I'm jealous! I may have to get on a plane and come swim at your pool since ours may not be ready for..... Months??? Have fun! Suz.

we're getting a framed rebar fence, oxidized. it's $$$ but looks like a piece of art. i'm hoping it turns out as good as i'm thinking. i'm worried it'll be disappointing to have the yard so cut off. I was so used to it open. will now only have 17' from patio to fence whereas we used to have 37 feet.

Your tile looks great! I've noticed some of the most striking pools have gray somewhere. It seems like the blue of the water and the grays play on each other brilliantly!

I can't wait for more! Take care. Suz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have been looking at a lot of pictures of pools with warm browns mixed with cool grays. I have so much natural grey/cool stone in my yard, I am hoping to warm it up with some beige and brown. Some of the pictures make me scared to try to mix the two, yours on the other hand shows how well it can work. I like it a lot.

Honestly, I can't usually say if I like something for myself, but I know what I like on others' pools. And I LOVE your sheer descent and the stone covered raised wall. I agree with Ascew.... you have done a wonderful job combining the browns and grays! It's such a clean look, and at the same time, a soothing feel. Seems perfect for an inviting pool! Way to go! Suz.

i really like the slate tiles. i went with old fashioned cobalt blue since i'm going for more of a santa fe look. i think the slate will be better when it comes to calcium marks, too! u can't go wrong with greys and natural cuz u can always dress it up with pots of different colors if u decide. i think u'll be happy with it!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.