SLAMing and waterbugs

I'm off for the next week so I'm on it. It's supposed to rain all next week from like Sunday to Thursday so it may take a while. Picking up some DE tomorrow, just not sure about my gauge. It runs at about 9psi right after a backwash then not long after, say a few hours it's at 10psi. Then after a few days it'll be up to 12psi, never seen it above 12. I just ordered some replacement tests and a gauge though so as soon I get it I'll be replacing it. Might wait till I get the new gauge to start DE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a good plan. If the gauge is iffy, best to replace and wait. Does the gauge go to zero when the pump is off just curiously? If it does, you may be good enough to use DE before the new one comes. Since you are off, you'll likely get this done by the end of that time frame.

Yes it goes to zero. I'll give it a shot and keep a real good watch on it.

Patrick, thanks again for all the advice. Between this and the other info(pool school, etc.)on here, along with the real world applications of it all in other threads I truly feel like I'm learning something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, you are learning, and you already know more than you think. You're very welcome too, don't mention it. :cheers:

Above all, the most important thing here is knowledge. Without it, the products, tests, whatever...don't matter. It's all about understanding what you put in, why, and what happens when you do. It's not complicated at all once you get some basics down, and you'll see, having a nice pool really isn't difficult at all.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.