How to properly plug a Jaco fitting?

gilbee

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 31, 2015
Harvey, LA
I have a Jaco fitting plumbed into my return side for a very old discontinued salt system...here's a pic of it, it's the little metal fitting stuck in the elbow to the right of the jandy valve:

return_valve.jpg

I'm removing this stuff as I'm about to add a new salt system, and I cut the wire coming from the top of it, then unscrewed it and cut the wire underneath it so I can remove it from the pool...after I did this, I find that water is leaking through the top of it, can't tell if it's coming through the snip of wire left, or if I simply broke the ancient seal...I need to seal this up, and since the elbow is on the inside of the jandy valve, I really don't want to replace the elbow if I can help it. Is there a purpose made plug I can get to put in place of this thing?

Sure you can. Can't tell from the pic what size, but likely 1/4" 3/8" or 1/2" NPT threads are what's screwed into the Elbow. Turn everything off, find something to temporarily plug the hole, and take it with you. Any place with good plumbing selections will have a matching size NPT threaded plug. Something PVC or other plastic would be best.

Couldn't find a plug in pvc, best I could find was a valve locally. I'll google a bit and see if I can find a plug to replace it, but for the time being, the closes valve screwed in there is holding just fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.