Is this a gas line hookup for a heater?

If there was a gas heater there at some point wouldn't there also be a concrete slab or some kind of pad? Maybe the previous owner had the connection installed but never had a heater put in. A good thing actually, as the cost to run a gas line can be pretty expensive if done by a licensed plumber. I just bought a house with a pool in January and have an almost identical scenario where there is a gas line next to the pool filter but no heater. There is a concrete pad, though. Actually, it's a pad made up of a group of 12" X 12" concrete pavers. I've been debating the heater question myself but may wait 'til next season. The idea of adding another $400 - $500 bucks to my monthly nut makes me shiver.

And, BTW. Is that your pump ground wire wrapped around the neck of that gas fitting?

$400-$500 a month??? I've never heard of that monthly cost for a natural gas heater to heat a pool. Propane, that's different.

If there was a gas heater there at some point wouldn't there also be a concrete slab or some kind of pad? Maybe the previous owner had the connection installed but never had a heater put in. A good thing actually, as the cost to run a gas line can be pretty expensive if done by a licensed plumber. I just bought a house with a pool in January and have an almost identical scenario where there is a gas line next to the pool filter but no heater. There is a concrete pad, though. Actually, it's a pad made up of a group of 12" X 12" concrete pavers. I've been debating the heater question myself but may wait 'til next season. The idea of adding another $400 - $500 bucks to my monthly nut makes me shiver.

And, BTW. Is that your pump ground wire wrapped around the neck of that gas fitting?

That's the bonding wire that runs from the top of the two pumps to the neck of the gas fitting.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.