1st Pool Build - Freeport, TX

Re: 1st Pool Quote - Freeport, TX

Sounds good. Please continue the build in this thread. It gives continuity for the readers.
We all can't wait to hear if you are going with a SWCG or will be a dumper (bleach dumper). No reason not to do a SWCG with the concrete deck. You will appreciate the convenience. Overall cost of SWCG versus bleach is about even in the long term.

Sounds good. Please continue the build in this thread. It gives continuity for the readers.
We all can't wait to hear if you are going with a SWCG or will be a dumper (bleach dumper). No reason not to do a SWCG with the concrete deck. You will appreciate the convenience. Overall cost of SWCG versus bleach is about even in the long term.

I'll be sure to continue posting in this thread when the build starts. We decided to go with a regular Rainbow Chlorinator since that's already included. We may eventually switch to SWCG in the future.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright! Congrats! Let the fun begin.

Thanks pooldv! We are very excited and nervous at the same time since this will be our very first pool. I'll definitely have to read and research more about pool care and proper chemical levels. If weather cooperates the PB hopes to have us up and running by late July or early August.

We love our pool! We had a few Intex pools and built our pool in 2012.

Ok, let's start here with updating your signature with your pool info, as shown here.

Rainbow chlorinators use pucks. Pucks add CYA. CYA above 50 in a chlorine pool or 80 in a saltwater pool is bad.
More here,
TFPC for Beginners
ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry
How to Chlorinate Your Pool

We finally got the permits from the City of Freeport and we are meeting with the PB Thursday morning to finalize the pool layout. I'll be sure to take pics of the spray painted lines and share with everyone. We are anxiously awaiting the dig date and pray that this rain stays away when that time comes. Wish us luck and I hope the pool gods / mother nature are on our side during the build!

Received a surprise call this morning telling us the pool dig is starting today! I guess the person responsible for letting me know in advance never got the email to me. Drove down to Freeport and they're already digging away. Here are some pics from today's dig and rebar work. I apologize for the foggy looking pics but there's something wrong with my cellphone's camera. The clearer pics are from my girlfriend's phone.
Dig started at 8am. Pile of dirt to the side. Our neighbor down the street took two truck loads.
pool1_zpsbfnyqsn6.jpg

pool2_zpsxxg4xict.jpg

Rebar guys showed up around 2pm and were done by 6pm.
pool3_zpsrfedyo4p.jpg

pool4_zpsnqlgvzrc.jpg

pool5_zpsnzrpptq1.jpg

pool6_zpsemj2e5on.jpg

pool7_zpsjifuzclf.jpg

Plumbing scheduled tomorrow and gunite on Wednesday! Things are moving fast and now I have to get the fencing contract signed ASAP! I've got videos to compile and post later.

Wow! I can't believe how open and flat the landscape is in your area!! Also what a lovely big space you have for your pool build. Good luck with it, I shall be watching to see how it goes :)
Thanks Sandissimos. When we got the house the previous owner gave us a deal for the lot next to it so that's where the pool's being built. It is a wide open space but does have a 2'-3' grade sloping down to the canal. So the PB used some of the dig dirt to build up the yard surrounding the deck. So far so good...

- - - Updated - - -

That is one of the biggest tanning decks I have seen! Let the fun times start!

Kim
That was one of the main reasons we chose to go with gunite instead of fiberglass - complete flexibility on pool design. We went with the 8' x 15' tanning ledge for my gf's nephews and friends' kids. We have two 4-legged kids (rescued boxers) and we're hoping they will enjoy the tanning ledge. Plus we got two ledge loungers that will occupy the space.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking good, and congrats!
Thanks Patrick_B! Our PB is expecting to get this done, weather permitting, by mid- to late-August. We're hoping to take advantage of it Labor Day week!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Getting so close to swimming!

Kim
It's coming along very quickly! Almost too quickly. I'm worried something will spring up and slow things down.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow. Looking great. That's the same wetedge plaster were considering along with deep sea blue (prism matrix).
We really like the darker water tones but the Prism Matrix Deep Sea Blue also looks great! I think you'll be happy with either one.

Gunite was shot today. Took 3-4 truck loads to finish the pool.

Prepping the pool.
gunite01_zpsmkamahwn.jpg

Starting to spray.
gunite02_zpsib1twn74.jpg

Spraying the tanning ledge.
gunite03_zpsikryuwyd.jpg

Working on the 1st corner bench.
gunite04_zpssnyolhco.jpg

First step from the tanning ledge into the pool is done.
gunite05_zps3wnnfov1.jpg

End of day shots.
Tanning ledge and the two steps done. We accidentally got a 3rd bubbler! Of course the PB didn't really care.
gunite07_zpsfdt1xq9d.jpg

Opposite corner bench.
gunite08_zps8r5ialjm.jpg

Street side shot.
gunite09_zps4qntsjfd.jpg

Angled yard shot.
gunite10_zps4uplea4u.jpg

Overhead shot from deck after setting up two sprinklers on timers at each end of the pool to water the gunite.
gunite06_zps6tsd7pjy.jpg

Equipment and plumbing next week and then electrical the following week...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.