What did you do to your pool today?

Last night I stuck my hand in skimmer in the dark to change the hair net. Instead of grabbing thermometer I grabbed a dead toad! Never will I reach into skimmer in the dark again!

I can relate - in no particular order I have pull out of the skimmers or pool water:

- numerous moles
- a few mice
- countless frogs
- baby rabbits
- baby opossum
- a few birds

I am sure I am forgetting a few creatures.

Nothing like lifting the cover of your skimmer first thing in the morning and seeing what once was a living creature.

Oh - I also have a pair (same pair each year) of mallard ducks that migrate to my winter pool cover each spring to feed off of the algae that has accumulated over the winter.

Back washed my sand filter, nothing new there...then almost freaked out when my pump wouldn't turn on after the rinse. Was hoping it was just thermal protection kicking in with 96 heat. 10 min later all was OK. That was a first.

Glad I did a mid day FC check. 96 air and 90 pool temps even aerating it are eatin' it alive. Adding MORE CYA as we speak. Already melted...I mean dissolved.... 12 ounces in 2 hours!

Right there with ya! it's hot as you know what ! I have yet to ever get my CYA to 70-80 and today added a boat load. I am about to go test it soon and see where we are. Pool temp at 88F and it's been cloudy most of the day with some sprinkles.

- - - Updated - - -

Ditto - really burning through the FC this past week here in Florida! Getting friendly with my local trade bleach dealer. Gotta have my fix. Love my crystal clear TFP!

absolutely. I am finally stable and loving it!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Skimmed vacuumed after yesterday's storms (we swam right up to the first drops!) And got in to cool off while skimming the rest. Cut short when the kiddo got some water inhaled and gagged.. A little puke in the pool and out we all go. Now I'm shocking it... But it was a good weekend of swimming just the same...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support