What did you do to your pool today?

I went out to check everything as we had severe storms all night ( 70 mph winds) . Pool was full of green maple leaves and some small sticks so i helped George (pool bot cleaner) with removal. I checked pumps and baskets and electrical equip. all A OK.
Checked chems all good . Grand Daughters one 7 and one 2 coming over today to swim and to spend the night so lots of water time in the plans. Again i have to say thanks to all who give their time here at TFP i would be in big trouble if i had not have found you all." THANKS"....... I changed the lights on the pergola and took these pics Thursday eve. pool lights had to show their stars too.

Attachments

• IMG_20180621_210526.jpg
    IMG_20180621_210526.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_20180621_210750_1.jpg
    IMG_20180621_210750_1.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 214
I love summer! My pool always looks the most blindingly sparkling in the summer midday sun and it is such a treat to easily keep it that way thanks to TFP! Tested, cup of Muriatic Acid just to go from probably 7.8 to 7.6 to ensure bather comfort throughout entire party, brush, wait 30, re-test PH to verify, said a mental thank you to PoolMath's creators and maintainers, trade bleached to target FC +15 in prep the water getting a tube of sunscreen and up to a liter of urine tomorrow from brother's friends' little kids ... oops forgot about all their parents too, so maybe up to 2 Liters. Be right back, adding another 3/4 gallon - we're going all the way up to just under SLAM FC for these filthy animals! I welcome all prayers to keep their anal sphincter's vigilant and enduring to avoid all AFRs tomorrow. Many thanks!

More testing to get my swg stablized. Right now it is set at 40% but I only run it for 3 hours. The solar is turned off as the pool temp is 89 in the morning and rises to 91 in the afternoon. Air temps has been close to 100 degrees.

4 1/2 hours of yard work (every Sunday), a nice relaxing swim to cool off and now beer can chicken on the grill (using ginger beer)....me and the girls are going back in after dinner :)

I haven't done anything to my pool. I haven't seen it since June 2nd. Lost it to another divorce.

5 " rain this weekend pool still TF but i found this and posted in in pumps filters and plumbing this morning

i think i will go ahead and epoxy it just for peace of mind i know there is lots of concrete around it but i dont like it.

Attachments

• IMG_20180625_103917_1.jpg
    IMG_20180625_103917_1.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 178

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Since your story is not at its end, I am confident better feet days, a new pool, and companionship for the awesome person you are today are already on their way to you! Do what you need to do in order to be ready to accept these opportunities!

I'm going to rebuild my life on my own so no one will ever tell me I can't have it. At the end of the day, I could lose everything to a force of nature. Just today... I lost it to another human being.

I'm excited for you! You got this! Yes, I agree, life can be unpredictable and blindsiding, but everything in between those events is prime for us to thrive.

The party did a number on my pool, so my pool got a LONG manual vac done while floating and diving around the pool with goggles. More of my 35 year old plaster was de-laminating and chipping off, so I hand removed the larger pieces and removed the rest of the bubbling stuff, so now what's left is all good and solid. I had some ... gulp ... green stuff that looked like algae and brushed away pretty easily like algae behind the bubbled plaster, so I began a SLAM. I find it truly fun to SLAM a pool that is the definition of crystal clear - because I know this investment now will probably drop my daily FC burn even lower! YAY TFP SAVINGS!

P.S. Two of the wives that attended told their husbands, in front of me, that they should have me come take care of their pool each week. I thought about asking them if they only feed their pets one massive meal each week too...

We worked on and finished the retaining wall between the house and the pool today so the pool was used to cool off every 2 hours or so. Also ran Leo, the Polaris 280 today for 3 hours. We still don’t have a yard yet, so a day uncovered and it gets a lot of yard dirt blown in.

pressure washed my deck just in time for a downpour

I actually cleaned my pool deck drains. Every few years they get clogged with cat fur. We have 3 cats [emoji192]
e24f76103cc108fef0040a3e65cb455e.jpg

Had a free sunday morning so spent some time performing a few maintenance tasks.
Took out the SWG and gave it a good flush. Noticed a tiny bit of scaling in the cell so I gave her a quick acid bath also, which took care of everything.
Opened up the filter and cleaned the cartridges. My filter pressure had only raised one PSI since we first started up the pool six months ago (hairnets FTW!), but I wanted to go through the exercise nonetheless and am glad I did. There was a surprising amount of sand in there.
The drain plug in the filter was so stuck I ended up having to take the entire filter out and flip it upside to reach it and get a good enough grip to finally get it out. After that, I hit all the threads, o-rings, and union joints with some silicone lube.
Finally, I got out the wife's label printer and went to town on all the pipes and valves.

I feel very productive today and now I need a cold beer!

I'm going to rebuild my life on my own so no one will ever tell me I can't have it. At the end of the day, I could lose everything to a force of nature. Just today... I lost it to another human being.

I've been in the rebuilding process for a few years myself, just finished my Bachelor's degree and will be starting a Master's program in August. I don't like the fact that I was forced to start over, but I am very happy for the life I am building for myself and my family. You are strong and a survivor and great things are in your future. The future you choose.

Got back from a week on the South Jersey Shore with the family on Saturday. I packed 7 tablets into a floating chlorinator and put a gallon and a half of 12.5% LC in the pool before I left.

Came home to a clear water (save for some debris) and 3 half-sized tablets. MY CYA was still under 40, FC was about 4, and pH was 7.2. I started the robot and pump, added a gallon of LC, waited 10 minutes, and jumped in (outside air was hovering in the low 90's).

Yesterday evening, I turned a jet up for aeration, mowed (the temperature retreated back from 99 to a mere 88 degrees by 6:30), took out the robot, and took another dip.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support